Top 10 Most Valuable Records [Record Pressing Blog

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Top 10 Most Valuable Records [Record Pressing Blog]

http://recordpressing.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/top-10-most-valuable-records/

I've often asked in our Vinyl Collector features what the most someone has spent on a record and while I have seen some pretty high prices, none of the prices have come close to the coin spent on the Top 10 most valuable records. The folks at Record Pressing have compiled a top 10 list of records that the most money has ever been spent on and the reasoning behind the large price tags. I highly recommend checking it out. I found it interesting to see that certain records were pressed in an edition of only 1 copy or certain pressings were nearly completely destroyed. Highly recommended reading. Nice list record pressing.

i feel like i read about some velvet underground record discovered in ny, maybe a test press acetate or something, that sold for WAY more than that copy of & nico

That is the particular record they're referring to in the article. You're probably thinking of the original auction for the record, I believe it was some astronomical price that the high bidder flaked on.

i feel like i read about some velvet underground record discovered in ny, maybe a test press acetate or something, that sold for WAY more than that copy of & nico

Here's the story on the Velvet Underground record. It's the same one you're thinking about.

http://www.popsike.com/VELVET-UNDERGROUND-NICO-1966-Acetate-LP-ANDY-WARHOL/300060897304.html

how could you prove the record was signed hours before? photo? just seems tough to guarantee.

Here is a photo taken of John signing Chapman's LP. I believe it was taken the night John was murdered...maybe someone else can confirm/deny?

[image]

I want that Sex Pistols 7" so badly.

Me too... :o

Here's the story on the Velvet Underground record. It's the same one you're thinking about.

http://www.popsike.com/VELVET-UNDERGROUND-NICO-1966-Acetate-LP-ANDY-WARHOL/300060897304.html

The guy that found it lives here in Montreal. A propos of nothing, he runs a really cool, rarely open record store out of the back of his apartment. Here's another article about it:

http://www.montrealmirror.com/2006/121406/news2.html

beatles fans are crazy

Not only are Beatles crazy in the amounts they will spend, but being a serious Beatles collector involves an astronomical amount of information about infinitesimal differences in label markings, cover details and matrix notes. They are also extremely anal retentive about condition, to the extent that a VG condition album may be worth only 10-20% of a Mint one.

Not only are Beatles crazy in the amounts they will spend, but being a serious Beatles collector involves an astronomical amount of information about infinitesimal differences in label markings, cover details and matrix notes. They are also extremely anal retentive about condition, to the extent that a VG condition album may be worth only 10-20% of a Mint one.

But when you're spending that kinda money, to be fair, you have to be a little anal about these things, i would think