PO:Murder By Death Box Set

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! They must have used some really shitty and soft wood to build these things - even if they packed them a little nicer I still think they'd fall apart with just the weight of all the records moving around in them.

My friend and I just designed a prototype for a box to hold just two 10" records & some screened liner notes this week and while it's still fairly lightweight it's solid as a rock structurally and has been through abuse already and stood up to it. The materials for these weren't even that pricey and we were still able to make sure it held together

I can take photos of it tonight & post them, the only ones I have are of the first of the 3 prototypes we did

I got my replacement box in today. Priority shipping on just the empty box cost $15! Now I can understand their need to use media mail. I'm beyond impressed at how they handled all of this.

what kind of box did they send you? a regular or a new wood one? i haven't emailed them but i'm thinking about it since the bottom board is the main support and i can't even put it on the shelf without the bottom falling off or putting some more nails/glue into it.

shit. i emailed them about my wooden box and they just sent me a standard box without even a reponse. doesn't really solve the problem of the busted ass wooden box, but whatever.

the standard box is super nice for anyone even considering buying it. i now almost wish i had just gone for the standard box in the first place. only problem is that even with all the records in it, there's still plenty of extra space.

• 4 weeks later...

makes it more awesome to have a broken up wooden box and for them to send me a standard replacement box. wtf Murder By Death?!

do i email them again and ask why i got a standard box instead of a wooden box when that is what i initially ordered and it got wrecked in the mail? i'd pay them for a standard box for the records i already had i guess or sell it to someone else that needs one and forward them the money. decisions, decisions.

makes it more awesome to have a broken up wooden box and for them to send me a standard replacement box. wtf Murder By Death?!

do i email them again and ask why i got a standard box instead of a wooden box when that is what i initially ordered and it got wrecked in the mail? i'd pay them for a standard box for the records i already had i guess or sell it to someone else that needs one and forward them the money. decisions, decisions.

If you do sell the standard box alone, i'll buy it.

well, I didn't email them again and I magically got a new wooden box yesterday so I assume they might have screwed up and sent me a regular box to bridge the gap before they got new ones made. the only thing that sucks now is that the replacement isn't numbered and doesn't have MBD burned into the side. anyone know what a good tool to use for that would be? I'd like to keep my number at least.