PO:Murder By Death Box Set

So....all the wooden box stuff aside.. how do the actual records sound? I've never purchased a record of MBD or from who manufactures their stuff, just been MP3 listening so far, but love it so much wanted to just take the plunge and buy the set.

Despite being colored vinyl, are the pressings quiet? Sound quality good? Can anyone give me some details on this please? Thanks!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually have more than one pressing of everything they've released except the newer releases, and i listened to this whole set when it came in and it sounded great. Murder By Death vinyl does not disappoint. i can't wait to spin the 12" version of Who Will Survive.... whenever that comes in. i would recommend the whole set, it turned out quite awesome. the standard box is also SUPER nice. i almost wish i had that instead of the wood box but either one was acceptable.

Wow, so maybe the box set will show up in few days! How exciting...

At least from a thorough MP3 listen-through of their catalog, I like Red of Tooth and Claw the best, which apparently most think is their worst? Weird. I dunno, I guess since I saw them in concert a few months ago(my first introduction to them!) and heard his deeper vocals first, I prefer the records with the deeper voice. The first two have taken some getting used to.

I take it that the general consensus around here is that Who Will Survive is the fan favorite? Of the deeper voiced albums, which is preferred?

I actually held off on listening past Who Will Survive until a couple months ago. and yeah Red of Tooth and Claw is amaaazing. just got Good Morning, Magpie in the mail the other day and I would have to say I dig that even a little more. I can't believe I never gave all these a chance, but this is just such a phenomenally perfect band in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...