label shopping

hey anyone

my band just finished recording our full length record. we worked with a producer who has worked with some kind of big names (damone, pod, etc..sorry for name dropping), and weve played sold out shows in boston a few times.

anyone who is in a band/works with a smaller label know the best way to go about marketing the music, besides the usual myspace/purevol..or know any labels that are more willing to listen to packages then some others..

and if anyone is curious to hear, pm me ill send you an mp3.

thanks guys

matt

the best advice I can give, is to just tour tour tour and everything will fall into place

unless youre band name is "bum ruckus." then you wont get anything. not even underage pussy.

and isn't that what the music is all about?

Yeah, I'd seriously rather just do things myself. But I'm bandless now so........ yeah.

Focus on the music and performance first, then all the other trappings that go along with that, and having other people to do stuff for you dead last, until you find someone enthusiastic about what you are doing because they LIKE you and not because they heard your CD in the mail and decided it was marketable.

i'm with everyone else here, do the record yourself, tour like a motherfucker and the labels will come get you.

but in my opinion, as someone who runs a label, you better be really, REALLY fucking good because with a "eh" at best band name like montview... I don't think I'd give you a chance. It's admittedly shallow and stupid, but bands with so-so names generally fall to the wayside...and that name is pretty generic.

Guest conoley
were called montview..and we dont have any music up presently as our record is in the mastering shop is all

You've played sold-out shows but you don't have a note of music online? Really?

Maybe they were opening for someone they know? I'd assume that would have to be it. Either that or having ten person shows? Shit, even I have music online and the last time my band played (which is me) I had to borrow Protest the Hero's instruments because I don't own any or know how to play any.

were called montview..and we dont have any music up presently as our record is in the mastering shop is all

You've played sold-out shows but you don't have a note of music online? Really?

we used to we took it down

www.myspace.com/montview was our page

its still up but we got rid of the friends an are starting over again..

but in my opinion, as someone who runs a label, you better be really, REALLY fucking good because with a "eh" at best band name like montview... I don't think I'd give you a chance. It's admittedly shallow and stupid, but bands with so-so names generally fall to the wayside...and that name is pretty generic.

what kind of name would a band have to have FOR you to check them out?

Clever for a Cannibal? This R2 Unit Has A Broken Motivator? Great Scott? Get Daddy A Beer? Tapping The Weathervane? Trunk Full of Pizzas? Sweet Merciful Crap? Puppy Heaven Waiting List? The Constabulary? Gerbil Turds? Teh Grundies? Mildred Gets Even? Poisoned Strychnine? Lost My Finger In A Lint Trap Accident? Great Uncle Hector's Magic Talking Onion? Rock and/or Roll? The Episode Where They Finally Kiss? This Pretzel Reminds Me Of Your Sister? Freddy Freeloader and the Johnny Come Latelys? Squagels!? The Stunning Conclusion to the Story of Radar Love? Polymascotfoamalate? Monkeys aren't Donkeys!? Buddy Cop Sequel? Lead Singer and his Faceless Minstrels?

what kind of name would a band have to have FOR you to check them out?

Clever for a Cannibal? This R2 Unit Has A Broken Motivator? Great Scott? Get Daddy A Beer? Tapping The Weathervane? Trunk Full of Pizzas? Sweet Merciful Crap? Puppy Heaven Waiting List? The Constabulary? Gerbil Turds? Teh Grundies? Mildred Gets Even? Poisoned Strychnine? Lost My Finger In A Lint Trap Accident? Great Uncle Hector's Magic Talking Onion? Rock and/or Roll? The Episode Where They Finally Kiss? This Pretzel Reminds Me Of Your Sister? Freddy Freeloader and the Johnny Come Latelys? Squagels!? The Stunning Conclusion to the Story of Radar Love? Polymascotfoamalate? Monkeys aren't Donkeys!? Buddy Cop Sequel? Lead Singer and his Faceless Minstrels?

o pioneers!!!

or anything about sirus the cat.