Excitement...

• 3 years later...

everytime i walk into a secondhand record shop i always get a real sense of excitement, especially if it's the first time i've been to the shop in question. friends and people who i work with think i'm sad but each to their own i suppose. i've been collecting and buying/selling records for well over 20 years now and if ever i'm away anywhere the first thing i do is to hunt out any secondhand record shops or general second hand shops in the area. it's like a drug i guess. once you start getting into records you just seem to want to spend more and more time hunting for them. it can be pretty scary at times haha.

Five years ago I was walking on Bedford Ave in Brooklyn and a guy on the street had a few records amidst a bunch of junk. I was in a rush but was shocked he had a copy of Ignite's "Call on My Brothers" for sale on Conversion Records. For $5 I figured I'd give it as a gift if nothing else. I got home and opened it to find it was on clear. My girlfriend at the time didn't care and hates that record so she was dour when I insisted on spinning it. The record is still with me but the relationship didn't last.