Totally OFFICIAL LOST thread *spoiler alert!*

We know Kates in the future dude we knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Next two I bet are ging to be sun and jin

I BET YOU A FUCKIN' MILL

Previously we had the hunch that she might not be one of the Oceanic 6 though, because of how bad she was wanted by the cops and what not.

For fact we only know that Jack, Hurley, and Sayid are part of the Oceanic 6.

A lot of people are pulling for Sun and Jin, I bet at least one of them dies. They're characters that people like and will be upset about, but can be killed off without effecting the story too much.

Well all I know is that time moves slower on the island than in the "outside world." That much has been definitely confirmed. But what's up with those bracelets?

im thinking that the bracelets are given to some kind of trained killers or something like naomi and the girl sayid shot. i think they work for the same people and are after ben. its also crossed my mind that maybe they work for a modern day dharma initiative run by penny's father.

Well all I know is that time moves slower on the island than in the "outside world." That much has been definitely confirmed.

Do you think it gets worse, the longer you stay, then? Jack probably thinks he's only been gone for 100 days or so, but perhaps the rest of the world has already cycled through a year or more?

Well all I know is that time moves slower on the island than in the "outside world." That much has been definitely confirmed.

Do you think it gets worse, the longer you stay, then? Jack probably thinks he's only been gone for 100 days or so, but perhaps the rest of the world has already cycled through a year or more?

Yes, this has been a theory for a while. I think the time gap gets exponentially larger, the longer you're on the island. That's why I think future Jack wants to go back; he thinks he can change the way things happened "in the past."

i don't think time moves slower on the island. sure, there may be a time difference, but there are also time differences in the US.

think of it this way:

i have relatives out in CA. i, personally, live on the east coast. when i call a relative, their "time" is different (3 hours behind), but there's no lapse - that is to say that if i called them at 8 PM EST, they won't receive the call at 8 PM PST. time remains the same. that's why faraday's call to the freighter went right through.

Yes, this has been a theory for a while. I think the time gap gets exponentially larger, the longer you're on the island. That's why I think future Jack wants to go back; he thinks he can change the way things happened "in the past."

By the time they got off the island the Pirates will have won another World Series! YESSSSSSSS!

i don't think time moves slower on the island. sure, there may be a time difference, but there are also time differences in the US.

think of it this way:

i have relatives out in CA. i, personally, live on the east coast. when i call a relative, their "time" is different (3 hours behind), but there's no lapse - that is to say that if i called them at 8 PM EST, they won't receive the call at 8 PM PST. time remains the same. that's why faraday's call to the freighter went right through.

The fact that the two clocks were synced has nothing to do with time zones though. Daniel was running an experiment with time. He had the chick (I forgot her name) send the payload rocket to see "when" it would arrive on the island. It didn't hit when it was "supposed to"; instead, it landed 30 minutes later or whatever. Then he checked the clocks and it showed the difference. They're showing us that there is some sort of time warp effect that happens when you're within a certain radius of the island.

There's also the possibility that it might not be a time warp at all. It could very just be some strange magnetic force around the island or something similar to the Bermuda Triangle and perhaps the plane, helicopter, and payload got screwed up in. Benjamin must know something as he traveled by submarine to the island.

Haha, another thing I just observed is how all the themes are working together. One of the main focuses of the overall arc is faith/religion vs. science. They're playing up dualities (yin and yang), especially in Jack and Locke. Jack is a man of science and logic, yet he is fueled almost completely by emotion most of the time, resulting in knee-jerk reactions to extreme situations instead of stopping to think things out. Locke is his foil, believing that there is something divine at work. He bases many of his decisions on intangible things, but is always the one to see both sides of every story. He's someone people feel more comfortable opening up to and talking to about moral dilemmas. I just found it amusing that those themes are playing into the audience's reactions to things, such as time travel vs. magnetic field, i.e. fantastical vs. grounded in science/"fact", just like Jack and Locke. Fuck this show is good.

Here's a little something I just picked up. In the episode Sayid says to Locke "The day I start trusting him is the day I sell my soul" -- he's referring to Ben with that.

In the future, Sayid is working for/with Ben. Now Sayids a good guy and he's either doing this to protect someone or he has seen something in Ben that makes him change his mind.

Haha, another thing I just observed is how all the themes are working together. One of the main focuses of the overall arc is faith/religion vs. science. They're playing up dualities (yin and yang), especially in Jack and Locke. Jack is a man of science and logic, yet he is fueled almost completely by emotion most of the time, resulting in knee-jerk reactions to extreme situations instead of stopping to think things out. Locke is his foil, believing that there is something divine at work. He bases many of his decisions on intangible things, but is always the one to see both sides of every story. He's someone people feel more comfortable opening up to and talking to about moral dilemmas. I just found it amusing that those themes are playing into the audience's reactions to things, such as time travel vs. magnetic field, i.e. fantastical vs. grounded in science/"fact", just like Jack and Locke. Fuck this show is good.

I always pondered that a bit too!

Here's a little something I just picked up. In the episode Sayid says to Locke "The day I start trusting him is the day I sell my soul" -- he's referring to Ben with that.

In the future, Sayid is working for/with Ben. Now Sayids a good guy and he's either doing this to protect someone or he has seen something in Ben that makes him change his mind.

Yeah, the whole idea of Sayid working for Ben and being a "bad guy" in the future totally turned everything upside down. I'm sure Dharma, the Widmore Corporation, The Hanso Foundation, Oceanic, and maybe even Paik Industries are all linked in some way.

Or Ben saved his life and/or got him off the island.

I want to know how Penny plays into everything, especially after rewatching season 2. At the very end of the last episode, the people working for her discover the "electromagnetic anomaly" or whatever it was, caused by Desmond turning he key to the failsafe. Plus there's the moment when Charlie is in the underwater station and she's on the video screen briefly. What's going on with her?