Totally OFFICIAL LOST thread *spoiler alert!*

I liked it. I thought the part at the end where Locke more or less said "What the fuck is the smoke monster?' was hysterical, because you know there were a few million people all over the country going "FUCKING FOR REAL!" and when Ben replied with, "I don't know," a collective nation groaned. At least JJ has a sense of humor.

A co-worker proposed an interesting theory about the Oceanic 6 today -- even though she's alive, Kate most likely isn't one of them. Remember, she was a fugitive when the plane went down, and would still be wanted for robbery if found alive, so it's likely she was "smuggled" back into the real world by Jack or somebody.

I'm gonna go on a faux-philosophical limb and say that the smoke is "the answer". Everyone is "lost" in finding themselves and when they do (the smoke monster), they are unable to handle the truth to what it is they are looking for (Eko and other deaths by the monster). Locke saw the monster and accepts this "truth", which is why he is so passionate about staying on the island. Everyone on the island is desperate to be "saved" and when they are brought back to the states, Hurley and Jack are still desperate to find the answer to what i assume is the meaning of life.

I hope that made sense but with 2 semesters of philosophy, everything i just said could be completely wrong haha

I dug tonight's episode.

It didn't have as many "WHOA!" moments as last episode or other previous episodes, but it still held my interest. I kept waiting for Zoe Bell to show up (her name was in the credits) but I just heard her voice as one of the people on the ship when the ghost-whisperer called.

His character is a little iffy. I mean I guess it's Lost and you can't really complain about these things when you have a smoke monster running around, but I wasn't really into Desmond seeing the future, and and not much into this guy talking to the dead.

I liked it. I thought the part at the end where Locke more or less said "What the fuck is the smoke monster?' was hysterical, because you know there were a few million people all over the country going "FUCKING FOR REAL!" and when Ben replied with, "I don't know," a collective nation groaned. At least JJ has a sense of humor.

A co-worker proposed an interesting theory about the Oceanic 6 today -- even though she's alive, Kate most likely isn't one of them. Remember, she was a fugitive when the plane went down, and would still be wanted for robbery if found alive, so it's likely she was "smuggled" back into the real world by Jack or somebody.

I think that's a great point. That leaves us with 2 known, Jack and Kate. However, if you recall Desmond saying to Charlie something like "You have to do this so Claire and the baby can get off the island"

That bumps us back up to 4 thanks to Claire and Turnip Head.

I thought last night's episode was really good. Did anyone call the # that was on the screen? Nothing fantastic, but it's neat. Here it is:

1-888-548-0034

Also, did anyone watch (what looks to be an awful show) Eli Stone last week for the Oceanic commercial? Link to video if you know where it is plz.

I'm guessing Sun and Jin are part of the O6 since no woman who gets preggers on the island survives...

Also I think the evil dudes shot down a plane to cover up the crash so they could say everyone died. Not the way he told Naomi that NO ONE survived, almost like he was hinting for her to insure it.

Also "I HAVE SOMEONE ON THE BOAT!" HOLY FUCK. Goddamn, i'm happy the strike it over. GET ME THE REST OF THIS SEASON STAT!

I have a bit of a theory that isn't completely fleshed out, but it's an idea anyway. First off, the funeral/viewing/whatever at the end of season 3. What if it's Locke's? Jack said it's neither friend nor family. We've already started to see a big strain on the relationship between Jack and Locke, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that Jack wouldn't consider him a friend. Maybe Jack wants to go back because he thinks he can change things, like a time warp type thing. It wouldn't be a complete stretch in the context of all the other seemingly supernatural phenomena that goes on on the island. I think that if the funeral isn't Locke's, it's most likely Ben's.

Regarding the plane that was "found" in the Sunda Trench; What if it actually WAS Flight 815? I stumbled upon an interesting wikipedia article recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilocation

This could account for LOTS of weird occurrences on the island, including Shannon and Locke's "visions" of Walt in the jungle. Also, did anyone watch the season 4 teaser promo (

)? Remember the rabbits? He also mentions the "casimir effect" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect), which could explain the science behind it (but I'm no physicist, so I'm just speculating). I guess what I'm basically trying to say is that the island could have the ability to "copy" objects and/or people. Think back to the "magic box" where Locke's dad showed up... All I know is that shit is getting BONKERZ and I'm totally on board.

Theories?

The people on the boat are there to kill Ben. They have no interest in killing the survivors of the crash but will probably have to in order to hide the Dharma Initiative from the rest of the world. Also why the pilot of the helicopter knew the pilot of the fake plane and will probably not make it off the island.

Ben's guy on the boat? I'm thinking someone completely different. I think that Michael got back home and the episodes featuring him later in the year (ewww, spoiler) will show his reaction to being home.

Wait, Oceanic 6? Jack, Kate, Hugo, Michael, Walt, and Ben.

Theories?

The people on the boat are there to kill Ben. They have no interest in killing the survivors of the crash but will probably have to in order to hide the Dharma Initiative from the rest of the world. Also why the pilot of the helicopter knew the pilot of the fake plane and will probably not make it off the island.

Ben's guy on the boat? I'm thinking someone completely different. I think that Michael got back home and the episodes featuring him later in the year (ewww, spoiler) will show his reaction to being home.

Wait, Oceanic 6? Jack, Kate, Hugo, Michael, Walt, and Ben.

First off, my picks for the Oceanic 6:

Jack, Kate, Hurley, Claire, Aaron, Locke/Juliette (I think the "funeral" was for one of them)

The Naomi flashback revealed some details important to why the "rescue team" is there. The others aren't trained soldiers of any kind. They were all obviously recruited for specific purposes/uses on the island. I've discovered all kinds of parallels between themes/characters/ideas on the show and various literary works.

Freighter Four = Fantastic 4? Just stay with me here...

Daniel Faraday (quirky genius/physicist) = Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

Charlotte Lewis (stops bullets) = Susan Storm/Invisible Woman

Miles Strom (sarcastic hothead) = Johnny Storm/Human Torche (Strom/Storm?)

Frank Lapidus (expert pilot, surly disposition) = Ben Grimm/The Thing (Lapidus is also a type of granite)

They fly in and get caught in a storm of some kind, then fall to the island unhurt... Is it a stretch? Maybe, maybe not.

Also, Charlotte Staples Lewis... C.S. Lewis, a.k.a. Clive Staples Lewis... coincidence? I think not, and here's why:

There are undeniable similarities to the works of C.S. Lewis, one of which is directly related to Charlotte. When she manages to free herself and falls into the water, she comes up looking giddy and excited, as if she knows something or has been to the island before (she also had a knowing look when she discovered the leather Dharma collar at the polar bear dig). Prince Caspian starts with a chapter called "The Island," in which the Pevensie kids return to Narnia via a mysterious island marked by ancient ruins and strange creatures, and the first thing they do when they arrive is play in the water. Is this some kind of "homecoming" for Charlotte, too?

This also brings up another of Lewis' works, Perelandra. From wikipedia: "Ransom arrives in Venus and finds it to be an oceanic paradise. One day is about 23 Earth hours, in contrast to Earth and Mars with their (roughly) 24 and 25 hour days, respectively." In the story, Venus is a new "Eden." Would it be completey out of the question to speculate that the island is Eden, and perhaps Jack and Kate are "Adam and Eve"? This could explain why future Jack feels so compelled to go back; what if getting off the island inadvertently put humanity in jeopardy? If he and Kate were "supposed to be" some kind of Adam and Eve, then Jack might realize his true destiny after it's "too late" and want to go back to fix things. Matthew Fox apparently let an interesting bit of information slip in an interview: "Time travel will play a part." Could this also mean that the concept of time on the island is entirely different than that of the outside world? It could account for the weird slow aging of certain people like Richard Alpert (one of the original Others, the one who found young Ben in the jungle and who gave Locke Sawyer's info to try and get him to kill his father).

Anyway, my head has been swimming (no pun intended) in all the possibilities. Some of these theories may be simple reaching, but it's fun to speculate nonetheless.