Totally OFFICIAL LOST thread *spoiler alert!*

k, some thoughts:

1 - i definitely shed a few tears during that desmond/penny phone call.

2- i think what's going on is the bearing 305 is like a "hallway" leading to/from the island to the outer world. straying away from the bearing will lead to wormholes.

wormholes are essentially shortcuts between space and time. perhaps the hatch and pushing the button was harnessing electromagnetic energy to slow or stop the speed to one end of the wormhole. when desmond pushed the failsafe, he released the radiation causing him to experience time lapses and flash-forwards as per the wormhole. now going back to the "hallway" - the chopper strayed from the bearing, entering a wormhole for a split second. that split second didn't cause a paradox, rather it caused him and minkowski to experience a parallel timeline where he fluctuates between the past and present.

phew.

also - the sickness rousseau used to speak of HAS to be this radiation/wormhole poisoning. it only makes sense. going catatonic for moments or hours at a time, nosebleeds, aneurysms, etc.

i was afraid he was going to die too.

i was trying to figure out whether daniel meeting desmond in the past and future meant that something had gone terribly wrong already, and that daniel was that ended up connecting with desmond then so he wouldn't go crazy, or if that note written on the paper was getting us ready for something else that was gonna happen.

I don't know if any of what i just wrote made sense, haha

Definitely fell asleep during this episode. Bor-ing. Didn't even see the last 20 or so minutes.

you really thought it was boring? or are you being sarcastic?

It started off pretty interesting, then once it got to Desmond in the infirmary with that other dude, I started nodding off. It did not keep my attention. I did awake momentarily when Daniel told Desmond to meet him in the past, which I thought was pretty neat, but then I fell back asleep.

DUDE HOW ARE YOU GUYS NOT FREAKING OUT? You do realize what that episode means, right?

I think we're gonna need a shirt that says:

DESMOND HUME IS MY CONSTANT

what do YOU think it means?

Well it confirms all my suspicions about "time travel." And that, my friends, is fucking exciting.

Yeah, I think Jacob could very well be someone's consiousness jumping around in time. It'll be interesting to see how Jack's dad plays into that, since he was seen in the cabin.

Also, you remember the "magic box" that brought Locke's dad to the island? What if it's Walt? Think about the flashback episode where he's looking at the book of birds, then when he gets upset/emotional, the very same bird he was looking at in the book flies into the window. Walt must have the ability to transport himself and other things/people.