Message board

Guest admin1338560633

pretty simple; I took some time off for the holidays. will be getting back to emails when i get back in this week. If people want the message board deleted, just keep up the shit talk. If you want a response from me, email me.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, dude, but I think that threat just escalated things...

this is the last I am going to say about it. I want everyone to have the message board. At it's best, it is a great resource for vinyl. But if I continue to see shit on me, I am gonna take it down. pretty simple.

I understand why you don't want your messageboard to be shit talking about you, but if you payed people back instead of posting public facebook updates about spending (other people's) money on booze, you're a lot more likely to have this be a positive place.

I have slowly been paying people back, but what I do with my personal time is my business, not anyone elses.

I understand why you don't want your messageboard to be shit talking about you, but if you payed people back instead of posting public facebook updates about spending (other people's) money on booze, you're a lot more likely to have this be a positive place.

I have slowly been paying people back, but what I do with my personal time is my business, not anyone elses.

I understand that, but when you're spending money in your personal time on non-necessities while owing people a lot of money, you can't really expect people to not get upset.

I understand that, but when you're spending money in your personal time on non-necessities while owing people a lot of money, you can't really expect people to not get upset.

me spending a few bucks on beer at a brewery is not anyone's business buy my own. period.

First of all, I hope the board doesn't get deleted.

However, IF it were to happen, I hope you wouldn't just delete it out of respect for the vinyl collecting community. People would be left in the middle of sales and trades with no way to communicate. Tons of information would be lost. It would not be a good thing.

me spending a few bucks on beer at a brewery is not anyone's business buy my own. period.

Except:

(1) you posted that info on facebook, and made it other people's business; and

(2) you owe lots of money to people in a scene where honor and integrity are supposedly the glue that holds the whole thing together. We are a community. If you owe money to Capitol One and keep blowing $$$ on your alcohol habit, nobody would care. But you owe independent labels $$$, and you are choosing to buy fancy booze instead of paying them back.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but my life long experience at being a douchebag has told me that if you demand that people stop making disparaging remarks about yourself it will most likely produce the exact opposite result - particularly among the snarky punk rock types with no respect for authority and near complete anonymity. It's probably best to ignore them. or kill their grandmothers.

seriously, I need to keep my karma points and post count. don't fuck this up!

good luck financially in 2011, Virgil. I hope this shit all works out for the best and everyone involved is finally happy.

...and thanks for banning that jimmythescumbag guy, he was a total dickhead... ::)

I would not like to see this board go, but in the off chance that it does, should there be a backup? DF maybe?

DF, DT, B9, PPMB, NIMB...and on and on and on.

Also, themean is on point.

Guest markovianprocess

When someone said "He could just delete the message board" I thought, oh great, thanks for voicing that thought; now he has something to bargain with.

I've enjoyed many of your releases online, but man, you have to go set up a new Facebook that is private and everything so you can just use it to talk to your friends. All of this stuff about craft beer festivals and your hobbies, it's fair enough if you want to go do all of that, but keep it off public accounts, off Vinyl Collective and off the message boards. You are right by saying that you're entitled to your privacy, but you've been trying to have it all ways and understandably, that has rubbed people up the wrong way.

The best thing you can do at this point is send out a mass e-mail to the people that you owe money and let them know of your progress in paying what you owe or even better yet go phone them up. By keeping the lines of communication open with those people, it eliminates the ability of people to shit talk about you on here, because it automatically becomes none of their business.

You don't need to start threatening to delete a forum, what you need is a 101 class in public relations.