RxB- Progress Test Pressing for trade- list inside

enjoytheride

All of the test presses that were being sold to the public have officially sold out...I will be accepting trades on the rest of them if anyone is interested. I am looking for

Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American

The Format- Dog Problems

Red Hot chli peppers- one hot minute

John Mayer- Heavier things

Guns n Roses- Appetite for destruction(original rape cover)

Movielife- Jamestown 7in(orange with questions(old 97s cover on bside)

Pm me if interested

god damn, what the fuck is the big deal? if you dont want it dont buy it. im sure a lot of people are pumped to be able to buy one

He had them for sale in his webstore already. But now they are "sold out". But still for sale to the public.

Think about it. You own a record label. You put out a record that sells out pretty quickly. You keep a few copies for yourself. Someone offers you one of your most wanted record for a copy of your out of print record. You wouldn't trade? I'm pretty sure I would.

Think about it. You own a record label. You put out a record that sells out pretty quickly. You keep a few copies for yourself. Someone offers you one of your most wanted record for a copy of your out of print record. You wouldn't trade? I'm pretty sure I would.

The record isn't sold out/oop...at all.

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/

The record isn't sold out/oop...at all.

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/

I know :) I'm talking about the test pressing as if it were a record.

He had them for sale in his webstore already. But now they are "sold out". But still for sale to the public.

Maybe you should think about it, if the label still has copies for trade/sale. Its NOT sold out, its the label lying, so they can make the record more collectible. Basically ripping off the collectors, driving up the price of the record which they still have available.

Also one of the lps on the tradelist costs about $74 less than what he was selling this for originally. I would quite happily trade it and flip it, but saying RxB are complete garbage ill quite happily keep the record I have.

I dont understand why people are making such a big deal about this. he sold some publicly in his store. Not everyone reads VC so he put a few on ebay for people to have a chance at them there and instead of taking the cash people so publicly stoned him for pricing so high (which being his product he is entitled to do), hes offering a trade to fans that would want the test presses.

I don't like the fact that he is charging so much, i dont think they will ever hit that high in an auction setting but he is entitled to do whatever he wants. He's trying to regroup some losses to keep putting out records that people here want to see happen. Obviously its not for the money. $70 doesn't go far in record pressing... I own probably 50ish or more test presses and I've got them from prices from free-$150. I dont complain, if you buy then cool, if not then why keep talking about it?

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (-ltzm, -l-)

n.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.

b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

i didnt comment on this before because I didn't want to bump it but now that it's near the top I will.

This guy had 24 tests made. He even made special jackets that say test press /24 for them. And he's selling them on his store and ebay. The way you (or at least I) think of a test usually is for the label/band to listen to and make sure everything's right and then it's usually either given away in a contest or to friends band members, people who run labels whatever. The way this guy is selling them they may as well just be another variant - especially /24. Why would you possibly need 24 test presses? The only reason he had that many made is because he knew he was going to sell them. Call it a test all you want, but it's basically just another variant in this case.

i didnt comment on this before because I didn't want to bump it but now that it's near the top I will.

This guy had 24 tests made. He even made special jackets that say test press /24 for them. And he's selling them on his store and ebay. The way you (or at least I) think of a test usually is for the label/band to listen to and make sure everything's right and then it's usually either given away in a contest or to friends band members, people who run labels whatever. The way this guy is selling them they may as well just be another variant - especially /24. Why would you possibly need 24 test presses? The only reason he had that many made is because he knew he was going to sell them. Call it a test all you want, but it's basically just another variant in this case.

this completely hits the nail on the head. plus the guy who runs the label said in another thread he is using the money from these "test presses" to fund the starting line EPs hes pressing next. so it pretty much was a calculated move. hes done this with the other albums hes licnesed out too, he actually got two different batches of test presses made for that juliana theory record, both of which he's selling through his webstore and on ebay.