PO: Dave Hause - Resolutions

ral

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a version of the record on the table at the show on Friday. I think it was a tour version... maybe different than the "real" version? I'm not sure. I didn't look that closely. It may have been an Abba record in disguise now that I think of it... haha. I saw someone buy it, take the record out, and look at it. It was a red or orange type color... at least in the club darkness. I was waiting to see someone walk into the guy and spill a beverage all over it, to no avail.

Another comment, I will make now. Oh wait, I mean now: record pressing plants are S-L-O-W right now. Really slow. It is painful. * Speaking as a fellow label-worker-bee, I can say it is aggravating for all involved. So... yes, labels have their ups and downs and can get flakey and get super on it, but they can also have unexpected delays that are out of their control. They can get told "the records are on press" or "the records will ship next Wednesday" for a couple months running. It does happen, even with the best of plants. The label wants you to have the record. The band wants you to have the record. The record wants you to... well, the record wants nothing from you. It is an inanimate object. Don't be silly.

* As an example, I offer up the AJJ/OP record. We could have put it up for pre-order in January. It was 100% reasonable to expect the records would arrive that month. Guess what? They are still not here. We lucked out on that one, in a way, but... we are all still fidgeting in anticipation of the records existing. At least we don't have to answer to eager nerds who shelled out their cash three months ago. Have sympathy. It all works out. When you are spinning the record, all will be forgiven. Yeah?

vard, of course delays are going to happen, it's unavoidable. For me, the problem isn't that it's been two months since the release date and I don't have it, I care that not once in those 2 months the label sent out any sort of communication about it. If that AJJ/OP was actually up for a pre-order, I have no doubt that you would be on here letting people know of the delay, or it'd be mentioned in an e-mail or something. Granted, you definitely will still have your eager nerds throwing a tantrum, but I think (or hope?) majority of the people would be fine.

as for my review.. I love it, from start to finish. Can't wait to see him Friday night.

Besides the fact that the record has been delayed. What are your guys reviews of this album? It is my favorite album release of the year so far. I have lost track how many times I have listened to it. Thoughts?

i got 2 tracks in, and turned it off. this just isnt my bag baby.

All right, if you want me to try to get one for you, please PM me with your e-mail address. I will contact you either way if I have one for you. I'll send a picture of however many records I got,

No guarantees, but I'll try to get a couple.

Have your paypal accounts at the ready, though. I'll be on vacation, and will need the money back ASAP. Even the $15 first and then shipping money when I get home would be excellent, but I will at least need the $15 for the record soon after I let you know I have one for you.

It'll be better than the preorder for this in that I'll only make you wait two weeks at the most instead of over two months.

Still down?

So in case anyone wants the info, this was posted on Chunksaah before the show:

"ATTENTION VINYL COLLECTORS!!!!! Dave will have available some limited edition vinyl copies of "Resolutions" (hand-screened covers available here for the first time!!!!) AND just for the occasion, we will be digging out of the WAREHOUSE a handful of "mess-up" presses of the Loved Ones debut e.p. 10" (also never available before!!!)"

The screened copies were split across the two colors (orange and orange/black) and limited to 46 numbered copies each:

[image]

The Loved Ones "mess-up" presses seemed to be messed up versions of the second and third presses. They had blank covers (pink and blue respectively):

[image]

and the vinyl was identical to those presses except the center labels appear to be swapped... Pink with blue and blue with pink instead of the other way around (I hope that makes sense), leading me to believe that the second and third presses were actually all second presses and one was just held back...though that's purely speculation. They said that there were originally 250 pressed of each but the majority were destroyed leaving 24 copies of each.

This is the second and third presses (top) compared to the "mess-up" presses (bottom):

[image]

edit: And I don't think that anything sold out so they should be available for at least the next day or two.

second edit: Added photos.