Is good cardboard unavailable in Europe?

Seriously, records from across the pond come with the shittiest packing job and the shittiest cardboard mailers I've ever seen. Conspiracy, get your fucking shit together. How many fucking people have to complain about bent records before you pay the extra couple of cents for decent mailers?

it's a given that Europeans are going to send your shit in those mailing envelope things that aren't cardboard record mailers. your shit comes totally trashed and bent to shit. i bought a 27 record for the equivalent of $25USD after currency conversion and shipping to the US. came mangled and with no paper sleeve, record was scratched. not much you can do with a record that's OOP and hard to come by already. at least the last time i got a record from the UK, it had cardboard inserts inside one of those thin mailer envelopes. it almost completely saved the record.

it's really a bummer to the people that pack their shit so solid that there's no way any damage could come of it. bubble wrap, cardboard pad, super secure tape job on a sturdy mailer. it's not rocket science.

It's very different from country to country - a business from Germany usually does a good packaging job with solid mailers, whereas many UK labels and distros tend to use those floppy cardboard envelopes that aren't worth a damn thing.

You can always find exceptions like Norman Records or Different Kitchen who are great at shipping vinyl properly. But even though I'm located in Europe, I'd rather sometimes get stuff from the US than Boomkat, Rough Trade or other distros with crappy packaging skills, if they're the only options closer to me.

i think Europe is like Australia - virtually impossible to find the decent, perforated boxes that one gets from N America. The reason I ship using quality mailers is coz I buy so many fucking records from the States! hahaha! At least those Euro distros could use stiffeners. Most do, but some do not.

Alone Records, Munsterama, Denovali, Garden of Exile, Exile on Mainstream use good mailers. Nicolas over at Music Fear Satan sticky tapes 2 big fuck-off pieces of corrugated cardboard together which whilst messy as hell, keep the inner gems fully intact.

Another thing with cardboard - so many jackets from Euro pressed records are so flimsy and made from that cheap-ass gray cardboard shit. that annoys me all to hell, considering the mark-up needing to be paid (mainly due to exchange). now that more peeps are buying from Euro manufaturers, the least they could do is supply a decent card stock for jackets.

All true. In an international economy as we now have it seems highly suspicious that anyone can't get decent fucking cardboard. Hell, in the states most of the cardboard -- even the stuff we print record sleeves on -- is something like 50% minimum PCW. I don't even know what to call that shit Conspiracy uses. More like construction paper than cardboard. It's fucking pathetic.

I am from Europe and order records in the US very often.

All I can say is that such problems constantly occur over here as well.

i buy 2-3 records a week from the States and not once have I ever had any come downunder in those shitty cardboard envelopes.

the majority of the ones i've bought from Europe and UK come in those envelopes. Even when I was living in London, most of them came as envelopes.

I've always used these to send 1 LP anywhere in the world and nobody has ever complained to me about getting a damaged record ever!

I do put 2 of the cardboard "stiffeners" inside though and not just the one as shown in the picture.

I had those envelopes sent to me without any "stiffeners" at all and that's pointless you may as well just stick the stamps on the record sleeve!!!

i think Europe is like Australia - virtually impossible to find the decent, perforated boxes that one gets from N America. The reason I ship using quality mailers is coz I buy so many fucking records from the States!

This

I always use recycled mailers because no matter what I will never sell as many records as I buy for myself. :P