SNOW!

we got an inch of snow.

unfortunately we then got an inch of ice. had to drive the wife to work this morning because she was scared of the roads. being from CT I was going over the speed limit and scaring the good ol KY folks.

I love when people from out of state try to drive here in the snow/ice. They either drive way too slow or wicked fast.

Yeah. I used to drive safe but LOVED doing donuts in parking lots and fishtailing around turns. it's all about control and not over-correcting yourself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the roads are pretty bad here, and were are supposed to get up to 6 inches more by evening rush hour. Thankfully I have nothing to do today, so I won't be leaving the house. Snow makes my anxiety 100 times worse while driving.

I bet my 3 mile back road commute home will take a half hour because they never plow and people drive like fucking idiots even without the snow around here...

I'm glad I don't have to work today. I'm sure AAA is getting crazy calls because the city has not plowed the streets very much, and I'm sure the northern part of the county is getting hit decent too, though I think the lake is frozen so it won't produce as much lake effect snow.

I got a call from my boss at like 9 am, I thought he was going to ask me to come in today because it was busy, but he wanted me to work Thursday, which I agreed, and he needed to turn in our estimated hours for the week before lunch.

IT IS CRAAAAAAAZY OUTSIDE!

pittsburgh is the worst. i was just at the deli outside of work getting some ice tea and I over heard some yinzers talking about how this is the worst weather in years and how roads should be closed and fuck penndot for not doing their job. THIS IS NOTHING BAD AT ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP! I want to go donut in the best buy parking lot tonight when i go there after work. I think i may.

WUT HAPPNED TO GLOBAL WARMING?!?!

It's crazy we are getting a ton of snow this week, because the huge snow storm we had last year was on the TUESDAY of valentines day week too. WEIRD!

Yeah, that snowstorm the night before Valentine's Day/on V-Day was BRUTAL. I spent 8 hours digging myself out that day. Here's pictures:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=886753&blogID=230020329

Yeah it was horrible, I had to work the night it started and man we were swamped will calls. We were not towing people, only doing stucks if they were not at home. It was a day filled with long ETAs and lots of people cussing at you. When I left work it took me almost an hour to get home, on a drive that normally takes 3-5 mins. I could not make it up a small hill, then I had to slide my car backwards go down a side street, which I got stuck on like 5 times, and once plowed in by a plow truck passing me, had to go around a circle to build up momentum to make it up another small hill, then fill made it to my street to find it plowed in, and I got stuck trying to make it to my drive way at least 20 times. My dad and I had to pretty much shovel the street to get my car home. Was a fun day!

IT IS CRAAAAAAAZY OUTSIDE!

pittsburgh is the worst. i was just at the deli outside of work getting some ice tea and I over heard some yinzers talking about how this is the worst weather in years and how roads should be closed and fuck penndot for not doing their job. THIS IS NOTHING BAD AT ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP! I want to go donut in the best buy parking lot tonight when i go there after work. I think i may.

What a bunch of 'tards. It's not THAT bad outside. I made it to work fine. If you know how to drive in the show then it's not hard at all.

Guest genericinsight

update on south Brooklyn weather conditions: it was only flurries a couple hours ago, now it's coming down in clumps. I wonder if we're going to get a huge amount.

glad my job interview is Thursday and not today... I can only imagine the commute into Manhattan would be hell today.

Guest genericinsight
what is this........snow?????

yeah im also curious, because when I look outside all I see is rain and alligators

what is this "alligator" you speak of? I was in Gainesville for the Fest and didn't see any of these... aside from the hometown Gator mascot on the wall of Gator Dogs. Everyone told me Gainesville swamps had gators in them, I felt ripped off!

no seriously though, if I go to Fest again and see an alligator I'd probably run screaming in terror. Those National Geographic specials on gators killing people freak me the fuck out.

WUT HAPPNED TO GLOBAL WARMING?!?!

It's crazy we are getting a ton of snow this week, because the huge snow storm we had last year was on the TUESDAY of valentines day week too. WEIRD!

Yeah, that snowstorm the night before Valentine's Day/on V-Day was BRUTAL. I spent 8 hours digging myself out that day. Here's pictures:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=886753&blogID=230020329

I tried to power my way out of my driveway only to get stuck at the very end...damn snowplows.

So, I dug myself out, parked back in my garage and went back to bed because the office was closed!

yeah im also curious, because when I look outside all I see is rain and alligators

what is this "alligator" you speak of? I was in Gainesville for the Fest and didn't see any of these... aside from the hometown Gator mascot on the wall of Gator Dogs. Everyone told me Gainesville swamps had gators in them, I felt ripped off!

no seriously though, if I go to Fest again and see an alligator I'd probably run screaming in terror. Those National Geographic specials on gators killing people freak me the fuck out.

its pretty hard not to miss em down here, theres one in the canal behind my work daily, theyre pretty fuckin mean

Guest genericinsight

its pretty hard not to miss em down here, theres one in the canal behind my work daily, theyre pretty fuckin mean

That's weird, I went to multiple Warped Tours all over Florida in '05 (don't ask), and didn't see any. Hopefully I never will when I head down there.

Guest falloutcollapse

I love snow, snow days, snowball fights, and pretty much many things that come with snow. I am also not a driver yet though, so that's probably why.

That's weird, I went to multiple Warped Tours all over Florida in '05 (don't ask), and didn't see any. Hopefully I never will when I head down there.

They're almost always found in or near water. Occasionally you might spot one near the Ernie Ball Stage.