PO: RADIOHEAD - The King of Limbs

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thank you for you order"

Regarding how limited the special ed will be. I think the limitation goes as far as they receive preorders. But maybe they have a upper limit, who knows. It just strikes me as funny how the release dates for the regular edition and the special edition differ.

Regular: March, 28th

Special: May, 9th

My guess is the the regular ed is going to the press now and for the special ed they take preorders for a month and produce as many as was ordered.

Also yay, for not having a CD only special edition.

probably end up getting the regular 12" as well
Me too. I have the In Rainbows 12" in addition to the discbox. That's nothing to how many copies of Kid A I have, though. US CD version, Deluxe storybook version, UK version with the secret booklet under the disc tray, original 2X10" vinyl, and the Capitol repress vinyl. Haha.

The US CD I purchased on release day oddly didn't have the under-tray booklet. It was only later on eBay that I procured the secret booklet version, and mine just happens to be a UK pressing.

I wasn't by any means implying that only UK versions of the CD had the secret booklet

And that price includes shipping from UK? I'm not complaining.
I think they must have a distribution center in the US now. This is the first thing I've ever ordered from them with a price in USD.

It's all coming from the UK. After you order it says it'll take up to 25 days to be delivered to overseas countries. And that's after 3-4 days to be delivered to them from the plant. We probably won't have these in hand until June. Hopefully sooner but who knows for sure

It's all coming from the UK. After you order it says it'll take up to 25 days to be delivered to overseas countries. And that's after 3-4 days to be delivered to them from the plant. We probably won't have these in hand until June. Hopefully sooner but who knows for sure
That's probably only to cover their asses in case your package gets delayed. I got my In Rainbows discbox a week or so after they started showing up on doorsteps in the UK.

I'm hoping the dark artwork is indicative of a Hail to the Thief type album.

Also, can someone please explain what constitutes a "newspaper album"?

No one knows for sure as this is the first *maybe* of its kind. Speculation over on the Atease (Radiohead) boards is that the "newspaper" version could be a subscription of sorts, where exclusive content is released month to month for the duration of 2011. Others lean toward the possibility of the artwork being a newspaper-like format. But, then who really knows?