Jonny Craig's Great $8000-12800 Swindle: The Story

Guest markovianprocess

i sincerely hope all the people he ripped off don't settle with the label and continue to press charges against him. the label and his management are just continuing his cycle of deceit and drug abuse by more or less making him not accountable for his actions. it's like parents who always clean up their kids mistakes and bail them out of trouble. those kids never learn and wind up right back where they started.

i can almost guarantee you that this jerkoff will be back on drugs in no time, especially if he returns to the touring-with-2-bands lifestyle right away.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm in touch with about 30 of these people and they are just so genuinely thankful to be getting their money back at all. Many of them are students and in low paying jobs. Jonny does deserve some jail time or at least some sort of reprimand, but these people have suffered enough.

suffered enough? holy christ. first world problems here.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 things:

1. Don't send money by Western Union unless its going to your family in El Salvador

2. That is the worst "interview" of all time (due to the total evasion).

3. Buying/selling/trading on the board is different because the whole point of this community is to create the norms that we use to minimize the possibility of people getting robbed. People build reputations. If they fuck people over, they get blacklisted. If you deal with someone who hasn't earned a reputation, you are taking a risk.

so...in a nutshell:

dude is a major douchebag drug addict, steals thousand of dollars from fans, is going to rehab, the label is paying back everyone he scammed (which means he lied about not scamming people), and he just gets to rejoin both bands and continue his life with no apparent consequences?

wow. this dude deserves to be arrested.

agreed x100000000000000
i sincerely hope all the people he ripped off don't settle with the label and continue to press charges against him. the label and his management are just continuing his cycle of deceit and drug abuse by more or less making him not accountable for his actions. it's like parents who always clean up their kids mistakes and bail them out of trouble. those kids never learn and wind up right back where they started.

i can almost guarantee you that this jerkoff will be back on drugs in no time, especially if he returns to the touring-with-2-bands lifestyle right away.

Could not agree more with all of this. This is why shit is so weak now because we are politically correct and can't discipline people and have to just slap on the wrist. It obviously is not working when people try to be nice or not come down with a stern fist. It is sad when people realize this and just keep doing wrong cause they know they can and know they will not be reprimanded.

I could go into a longer rant but it is a real shame the way problems are handled in today's time compared to 50+ years ago. We put up with so much shit and it is not helping anyone but ultimately making it worse. More problems, less working, people do not work as hard cause they do not have too, people can cut corners, people can take advantage of others, etc etc.