Jonny Craig's Great $8000-12800 Swindle: The Story

Guest markovianprocess

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is just as much the fault of everyone who sent money as it is to the dude who took it. buying a laptop over twitter? are you fucking stupid? holy shit this is retarded and I dont feel bad for anyone who was stupid enough to fall for this.

Is this anymore retarded than us sending cash to each other in exchange for records when we've never met the person we are dealing with? I'd think the official twitter account of a pseudo-celebrity is actually a more trustworthy source than a message board anyone can create an account on.

These people were not retarded and I do feel sorry for them.

no, its not, because of exactly what you said. if someone got scammed on a message board i'd feel no different than some scene kid sending $600 at a walmart to some dude over twitter for a laptop that never got mailed. an "official" twitter account is no different than some dude with 2523052 posts on a vinyl forum, you still feel like you "know" that person, sorta like ronnie. you still dont know either of those people, so i dont see how that even matters.

Fat Mike does a lot of drugs and I don't think anyone would have a problem sending him $500 for a NOFX test (if you wanted it). I know that isn't an apples to apples comparison considering one guy is just a singer and the other owns a large independent label, just saying that just because someone does drugs doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy.

I actually read a story by someone (can't remember who) who was ripped off by Fat Mike over a Dickies record. I believe this was in the 80's, but still I don't know that Fat Mike is the trustworthy person you're assuming him to be.

EDIT : Found the story.

http://doublecrosswebzine.blogspot.com/2008/11/jon-roa-on-ryan-hoffman-and-fat-mike.html

Is this anymore retarded than us sending cash to each other in exchange for records when we've never met the person we are dealing with? I'd think the official twitter account of a pseudo-celebrity is actually a more trustworthy source than a message board anyone can create an account on.

These people were not retarded and I do feel sorry for them.

no, its not, because of exactly what you said. if someone got scammed on a message board i'd feel no different than some scene kid sending $600 at a walmart to some dude over twitter for a laptop that never got mailed. an "official" twitter account is no different than some dude with 2523052 posts on a vinyl forum, you still feel like you "know" that person, sorta like ronnie. you still dont know either of those people, so i dont see how that even matters.

I don't get what you are saying. So you are against all ecommerce not through large companies because no one can be trusted?

at first, i thought we were talking about the guy that used to sing for chiodos.

Ha yeah I thought the same thing, and upon googling the actual Macbook Powerseller in question, I still haven't heard of those bands, let alone their music. Oh well, not too worried about it. The whole situation sucks for the fans, but hopefully folks get their money back. Definitely an interesting read though.

I don't get what you are saying. So you are against all ecommerce not through large companies because no one can be trusted?

not at all, i just dont have a pity party when someone falls prey to a scam, myself included.

Guest markovianprocess

Update: The scam figure is now as little as $8000 and as much as $12,800 based on the contact we've had so far with those scammed.

We're (unless he has a change of heart) doing an interview tonight with a former band member of his on the story.

Wow, what a read. I've hated this guy for years, I'm happy I now have a justified reason.

I can't believe anyone has known who this guy is for years.

Here are some lessons to be learned kids :

1 - Never trust a ginger.

2 - Especially when that ginger looks like a young Danny Bonaduce.

In my minutes of research I did on him, I found this on his Wiki page :

In an interview with Indie Star TV, Craig proceeded to claim an atheist belief with a Christian background especially in music.

The smart money is on him finding God in prison.