Cassette Pressing Advice

I'd like to put out my friend's band's newest release out on cassette tape diy style. They're getting the vinyl done up real nice, and doing cds themselves. I set up the release show for them and it looks like they might not get lps or cds done in time for april 1st. That being said, it is incredibly tough to find an all ages venue in my hometown and I basically took what I could get for a date.

Anyways, with that in mind I have decided to do a small run (like less than 50) tapes for the release show by dubbing them off my stereo. I've made a few "tests" and i think they turned out pretty cool.

I have a technics rs-tr333 tape deck and a technics sa-160 receiver. i'm using master aiff files through winamp to just record the tape through my line out on my laptop. Is this retarded? I'm not sure if I'm sacrificing a lot of quality over the line. Suggestions or pointers on this would be helpful, I'm no audiophile by any means but i think the tapes I've made sound great.

My next questions are where is a good place to buy about 100 blank cassettes for dubbing purposes. I've been looking at http://www.deltamedia.com/pg_blank_audio_cassettes_new.html and would be pretty stoked on the price range of $30-40 for 100 blanks. However they don't come with cases and that is sort of a bummer. Oh I want 100 tapes because I'm planning on doing their old ep too and that'll only happen diy style no point going pro-dub they lost the master. Not trying to be a label or make money, just helping some friends out.

Anyway, any suggestions on a better bulk distributor? I don't really need more than 30 minutes on the tape, not sure if these sale ones would be stupid cause theyre an hour. Not positive that my tape deck would flip the tape if i went with a custom type 1, but i guess i could get a package with a half hour per side and make it one sided? Is that retarded? Sorry for the nooby questions, anyone have advice?

Also, throw out professional places to go to if you know any good ones I haven't started going down that road quite yet but would like to if these work out.

thanks!

The appropriate term would be "cassette duplication" but no big deal.

Excellent that you're going through through NAC. Now you just need to make sure the artwork isn't a low quality JPEG and you're on your way to making nicer cassettes than 90% of the DIY community!

Sorry I just have a really low tolerance for poor quality cassette tape releases.

Would you back using NAC as a good cover art printer too then? I'll be able to get all the master art files, the guitarist's girlfriend managed the artwork and she knows her shit. We were thinking about using the same printing source she did for the CDs, to use a heavier quality paper but we'll see what NAS has to say about costs I have a feeling it'll be cheaper.

Hey man, a dude I know does some pretty sweet work with limited pressing stuff

I don't know what he charges or anything but his stuff is awesome,

check out www.hellorainbowbridge.com... He usually does like ambient/noise projects but I am sure that he would do your project. hope this helps