(least) Fav. Color/Style of wax

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the record compliments the cover art, I like it. I like black vinyl when it goes nice with the art and has a suitable label.

I think labels make the record. The ugliest record I have the is the Stranger Than Fiction on red because of the ugly green and red Atlantic label.

I'm getting kind of tired of "color" vinyl on generic translucent red, orange, green, clear and blue. These are no different than a black or white record when they don't match the art.

Definitely agree with the vinyl color matching the artwork. I'm not a huge fan of white vinyl, but my copy of City of Ships's "Look What God Did to Us" is white and really goes with the rest of the artwork.

As far as labels making the album, I'd have to agree to an extent. The label is very important, and it can make one color of vinyl look better than another.

There are certain brands of white vinyl i really dislike because they raise the noise floor way too high, dunno why some places seem to make it sound as good as any other color but others have a white noise (heh) sound going throughout the record, especially the outer 1-2". Glow in the dark sounds terrible too (obviously)

There are certain brands of white vinyl i really dislike because they raise the noise floor way too high, dunno why some places seem to make it sound as good as any other color but others have a white noise (heh) sound going throughout the record, especially the outer 1-2". Glow in the dark sounds terrible too (obviously)

Glow in the dark vinyl is silly because it sacrifices quality for looking cool, and because I don't listen to records in the dark.

all vinyl is the same. it's vinyl no matter what color. the noise has to do with the pressing plant

all vinyl is the same. it's vinyl no matter what color. the noise has to do with the pressing plant

you are wrong. I'm not a fan of TPC white vinyl, I prefer rimtec. unfortunately, rimtec is hard to get if your plant isn't on the west coast.

I'd have to disagree. Any glow in the dark vinyl and most picture discs I own sound pretty gnarly.

I'd have to disagree. Any glow in the dark vinyl and most picture discs I own sound pretty gnarly.

SYG Glow 7" looks pretty gnarly

and

Lady Gaga pic. Disc puts my GF in the mood.......OOOOOO YEA!

Lady Gaga pic. Disc puts my GF in the mood.......OOOOOO YEA!

for your sake, I hope it's not "poker face" ;)

and as for the topic of this thread...

favorite(s): clear (any light color) w/ smoke

least favorite(s): picture discs and poorly centered records (not quite of what this thread is about, but pitch changing or whatever is super irritating...)