dark ass beer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a dark beer, but I had some Hopslam last night, and god damn was it excellent.

FOR.REAL. Haha, Hopslam is delicious. I actually had the Laughing Dog 'Sneaky Pete' and Ballast Point 'Sculpin' DIPAs the other night at the bar. Both are worth searching for.

Would people on this board be down for beer trading though? I know shipping on bottles can suck, but it's a way for everybody to try new stuff that wouldn't be in their area

damn some of you are hardcore.

i like my shiner, firemans 4, and some mystery beer i could never remember except it was at some pizza place in austin and made by oak brewing or something.

i should probably never post in this thread again :)

live oak? it's an austin-based brewery, and all of their beers are amazing. their hefeweizen and big bark are my favs.

yea this! it was really good. thanks for the reminder have it written down now.

magic hat makes some neat stuff, as far as indie breweries go. they are kinda hard to find aside from their #9 pale, which is moderately common, depending on the liquor store, and some bars with lots of taps tend to have the draft.

they make this great dark stuff called Howl though, which i...well not highly...but do recommend.

they also have a spring lager called Vinyl, of all things. and is advertised with a little record player on the label.

magic hat makes some neat stuff, as far as indie breweries go. they are kinda hard to find aside from their #9 pale, which is moderately common, depending on the liquor store, and some bars with lots of taps tend to have the draft.

they make this great dark stuff called Howl though, which i...well not highly...but do recommend.

they also have a spring lager called Vinyl, of all things. and is advertised with a little record player on the label.

^ :(

;)

although I DO wan't to try their Chaotic Chemistry. I'm a sucker for american-style barleywines though.

OH, I also checked out that Untappd. It's kinda cool, but my phone doesn't support it. But lets see..."chris just broke down and popped open a Stone 09.09.09 to enjoy with his jasmine chicken & rice."

It would read something like that right now, ha.

Magic Hat does really well with their beers, but goddamn I did not like their vinyl edition. Howlever, the winter-seasonal Howl is fucking delicious.

Had a bottle of this guy tonight. It might be one of my favorite Imperial Stouts to date.

[image]

Hurry up though, their brewmaster just left (it's now a dude from Deschutes), and Anheuser-Busch Inbev just bought em. Hopefully their stuff won't go downhill now, but that might be a big 'hopefully'

Magic Hat does really well with their beers, but goddamn I did not like their vinyl edition. Howlever, the winter-seasonal Howl is fucking delicious.

I am the complete opposite of this. I loved the spring lager, but Howl didn't really do it for me.

im a huge fan of magic hat. #9 is one of the best, and when im in the mood for a hefeweizen, circus boy is usually the favorite.

but 2 years ago, their spring beer was one of the worst ive ever had. and its sad, but ive been timid to try any of their new flavors since then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...