dark ass beer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy it. It's bitter like dark chocolate up front and finishes with coffee and a spice I can't put my finger on. If you can find some, I recommend it.

Bitches Brew was surprisingly good; that spice you're talking about is coming from the gesho root, and it's interesting for sure. Tactical was ridiculous though; even an eyedropper of it threw out a whirlwind of flavor..coffee, smoke, burnt malt and not nearly as much heat as you would assume. Still have a bit squirreled away in the bottle with the stopper on it....AND speaking of beer, brewdog, and squirrels......

[image]

that's the Sink the Bismark, right? the one with the squirrel?

Nah, Sink the Bismarck! is 41% an comes in a brown paper bag. The one with squirrels is 'The End of History' and is 55% ha.

Also, to everybody talking about Lagunitas' beer, I haven't had a bad one yet. The price is always awesome too. Love those guys

[image]

20% APV

Not exactly a dark beer (c'mon, it says India Pale Ale on the label man, haha), but which year is that? I've got back to '06, with a couple '03s coming to me very soon, but a friend just picked me up this year's batch. I'm excited to see what it's like freshy fresh.

Yeah, the best Black IPA (or India Black Ale/Cascadian Dark Ale/whatthefuckever ale) I've had thus far was XXX from Midnight Sun. The oak aged version was also really well done, but with an IPA with content under 12%ABV, I don't really see the point in aging for a prolonged period of time. Fresh hop flavor/aroma is where it's at.