Is this excessive? (re: username Rawkuout)

In early January I made a thread in Sales looking to buy Wii games and had several responses. I'm a patient person, but one shipment from a user named Rawkuout hadn't arrived after a month so I messaged: "Hey, I'm still waiting on the Zelda game. Please let me know what's up..."

He replied: "hey man, I got your message the other day. I'm visiting home for a few days from school. I asked my dad about this, as I left him the package with the Zelda game and he was supposed to mail it out for me. It never happened. It was sitting right where I left it. So sorry, I will get it out on Monday with delivery confirmation. seriously, my bad. Sorry!"

I never received a delivery confirmation, let alone the game, and sent additional messages over the span of several weeks. They've all been unanswered, which is infuriating since he's actively posting on the board and logs in frequently.

I'm fed up (and low on cash) so I did some detective work and found the guy's Facebook profile. I just sent this message:

This is Chuck from VinylCollective. You've ignored repeated messages--and I can see that you've logged in as recently as an hour ago. I sent an email, as well, that has gone ignored.

People like you are a plague to communities like VC built on trust and camaraderie. That I can't trust people to paypal money as a "gift," and that I now have to meticulously record when money is sent so I can be within the 45 day period for a Paypal appeal, is a huge detriment to the community and makes me hesitant to be a part of it.

Refund my $21 to [my email address] or I start messaging your friends, family, and girlfriend about how shady you are. You should be ashamed of yourself, but if you were capable of guilt then I doubt this would have happened at all.

This kid has screwed me over, but it still felt really lame to resort to a threat like that. So, the point of this thread: was it excessive to threaten the notification of family & friends over a $21 debt? I'm just bummed out about this whole situation :(

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's excessive at all. It doesn't matter if it's for $5. If people post on here and then screw someone over, fuck them.

I recently got screwed by StickinInMyEye. I waited over a month, sent 2 polite messages and have received no response. Although he hasn't posted on here lately, he logs in almost every day. I wouldn't necessarily message his friends/family, but I have no problems calling him out any chance I get.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

True.

I recently got screwed by StickinInMyEye. I waited over a month, sent 2 polite messages and have received no response. Although he hasn't posted on here lately, he logs in almost every day. I wouldn't necessarily message his friends/family, but I have no problems calling him out any chance I get.

Sorry you have a similar problem, I know it's frustrating. I honestly don't know if I could bring myself to message family/friends either, but I'm hoping the threat alone will make him reconsider his behavior

WHY DID YOU PAY AS A GIFT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????

WHY ARE YOU BUYING WII GAMES IF YOU ARE BROKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????

WHY DID YOU PAY AS A GIFT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????

WHY ARE YOU BUYING WII GAMES IF YOU ARE BROKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????

haha. I sent as a gift because I always appreciate when buyers do it for me, but it's a courtesy I won't be extending anymore. And this was right after Christmas, so my bank account was far less barren

my thoughts exactly. paypal lets you cover your ass. there are plenty of shady people that post on here.

PS if you send random messages to his friends and family they will think you are a crazy person.

The only legit way to settle this is a fight to the death! victor gets $21

hahaha yeah... like I said earlier in this thread, I don't think I could actually go through with it, but man it'd be nice to outsmart a scammer for once

What's interesting is that even though other people have had great interactions with rawkuout, and he's always posting around, he still hasn't offered an explanation. It seems to me that if this is the only case where he has ripped someone off, he would come forth and attempt to justify the situation, rather than have a giant thread about how he's no good. But I guess this thread is only 2ish hours old.

seriously? fuck you, guy. threatening my friends, family and girlfriend on facebook? what's wrong with you?

my dad sent the game, but he didn't use delivery confirmation despite my detailed written instructions on HOW. what most likely happened is he handed the package to the person at the post office and said "I need to ship this" and said no to the multiple questions the person asked hm. it's possible that my dad threw the game in the garbage. who knows? my dad has zero patience with shit like this.

shit happens, the mail system is far from perfect. I'm not a scammer and I had every intention of getting you the game you paid for. I've made hundreds of transactions between VC and Deadformat as a buyer, seller, and trader. The people that posted in this thread are just a few recent ones. I've sold records on this board in upwards of $100 and the buyers send as a GIFT and happily receive their records. and you think I ripped off $21 from you for a video game that I might have played twice?

The only other bad experience I've had is with a guy on here named "antzmcpanz" or something like that. Same deal - claims he never got the two records he bought from me. He's filed a paypal dispute and I'm out two records and $45. who's really losing here? SHIT FUCKING HAPPENS, and you don't act like a child when things don't go exactly your way. you're out of your mind if you think you're getting your $21 back or anything from me at this point.