Insidious

I heard it wasn't scary at all

That's because it's not scary. A little creepy, but not scary by a long shot. But then that's not the point. It's an homage to Poltergeist in a style quite similar to Raimi's best work (Evil Dead and Drag Me To Hell). It's a little cheesy by design. I mean come on people, when you see a kinda silly looking demon sharpening it's claws to Tiny Tim while surrounded by carnival toys you've gotta understand it's not to be taken seriously. But then the opening credits should've alluded to that. I loved it. I loved the cheesy, the lack of CGI, the absolutely perfect score, the shotgun ghost family, the casting of Barbara Hershey as an homage to "The Entity".

I heard it wasn't scary at all

That's because it's not scary. A little creepy, but not scary by a long shot. But then that's not the point. It's an homage to Poltergeist in a style quite similar to Raimi's best work (Evil Dead and Drag Me To Hell). It's a little cheesy by design. I mean come on people, when you see a kinda silly looking demon sharpening it's claws to Tiny Tim while surrounded by carnival toys you've gotta understand it's not to be taken seriously. But then the opening credits should've alluded to that. I loved it. I loved the cheesy, the lack of CGI, the absolutely perfect score, the shotgun ghost family, the casting of Barbara Hershey as an homage to "The Entity".

See now this description makes me want to actually see this now.

I'm kinda interested int his, but I've been super burnt by Horror movies these days.

Mainly cause it's clear that the damn thing was edited to appease the PG-13 rating standards instead of sticking to your balls with Rated R. 14 - 17 year olds will still fins a way to see the thing if it is R, why not give them and everyone who loves horror the ride they really deserve.

Meh I'll prollie rent it.