Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

I think that because its been a pipe dream for so many of us for so long to own this album finally without succumbing to the eBay price tag that we just can't deal with the fact that there was no announcement and it feels like some divine force just dropped these out of the sky for us to enjoy. Its really hard to believe when something this awesome happens with no word of warning. Plus, its a message board. We wouldn't be fulfilling our nerdly duties if weren't speculating the shit out of it and bugging the one guy with connections to seek out the information that we believe only he can get :)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a major label, to them this is a small/insignificant repress of an old album they are no longer working. I doubt there was much thought put into it. The label likely said hey lets press some more of these and just pretty much duplicated the original pressing.

Well, thank god for that shit! I don't know. To me, I never expect something like that to happen so when it does, I get excited and shit my pants for a few days. Like with the first two Deftones albums. If I wasn't on this board I would have never expected or believed it in a million years that those would get pressed and I'm happy as shit that they are now! Thank YOU again for that. ;D

Plus, its a message board. We wouldn't be fulfilling our nerdly duties if weren't speculating the shit out of it and bugging the one guy with connections to seek out the information that we believe only he can get :)

Your logic is undeniable. 8-)

This. Also, I think most people eventually understood it's a repress (that became obvious pretty early on). What wasn't clear was why they didn't hype it like every other big reissue gets hyped. Major label or not, I've never seen such a high profile, high ebay dollar album get a stealth repress. For example, they made such a big deal about it when they re-released Moon and Antarctica. Can anyone think of an example of an album that was out of print for over 5 years, regularly fetched over $100 on ebay, and then just reappeared out of nowhere? I can't think of one. Anyway, it's probably just all the ex high school journalism geeks digging for the story.

Your logic is undeniable. 8-)

This. Also, I think most people eventually understood it's a repress (that became obvious pretty early on). What wasn't clear was why they didn't hype it like every other big reissue gets hyped. Major label or not, I've never seen such a high profile, high ebay dollar album get a stealth repress. For example, they made such a big deal about it when they re-released Moon and Antarctica. Can anyone think of an example of an album that was out of print for over 5 years, regularly fetched over $100 on ebay, and then just reappeared out of nowhere? I can't think of one. Anyway, it's probably just all the ex high school journalism geeks digging for the story.

Deja

Its a major label, to them this is a small/insignificant repress of an old album they are no longer working. I doubt there was much thought put into it. The label likely said hey lets press some more of these and just pretty much duplicated the original pressing.

cough deja entendu cough cough

Deja

When did this happen? I haven't been a Brand New fan for very long.

• 5 weeks later...