Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

went to HT today, and apparently none of the stores in the new england area got any. but i had one ordered to the store for $1 shipping. couldnt turn that down.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these ever going to go up on hottopic.com?

They should have been up by now, checking on that right now.

EDIT: Should be up early next week on HT.com

Just grabbed one of these babies at my HT, there's 2 more on the shelf, both a tad bit bent on the corners tho.

Your HT seems to get pretty much every awesome record I bring in haha

does anyone else's copy have super faded labels? got mine from amazon and it was sealed, just seems a little odd haha.

Yeah, they look faded but I bet it's just cheap ink.

Are these ever going to go up on hottopic.com?

They should have been up by now, checking on that right now.

EDIT: Should be up early next week on HT.com

Just grabbed one of these babies at my HT, there's 2 more on the shelf, both a tad bit bent on the corners tho.

Your HT seems to get pretty much every awesome record I bring in haha

Jerry's Pizza and Hot Topic are officially the ONLY reason to like anything about Bakersfield.

So if these things are available in a lot of HTs and online distributors, why does Amazon keep running out of them?

Sony may be running out

Is there any way to get someone from Sony to explain what the real deal is with these things? I mean, I know they're an identical re-press, but the whole release has just been so mysterious and weird. No announcement, only a few places have them, stock runs out quickly then returns, know what I mean?

Sony may be running out

Is there any way to get someone from Sony to explain what the real deal is with these things? I mean, I know they're an identical re-press, but the whole release has just been so mysterious and weird. No announcement, only a few places have them, stock runs out quickly then returns, know what I mean?

I agree

Sony may be running out

I would like to know this as well. I wonder if Travis has a contact at Sony that could explain.

I would like to know this as well. I wonder if Travis has a contact at Sony that could explain.

How bout it Travis, you up for some investigative reporting?

I just got my Amazon copy today. The only differences that I can see are the faded (or lighter) labels, download card and sticker on the new copy. The cover seems flimsier than the original as I remember it (I sold my original pressing a while back). Without the original, I can not confirm the mastering info in the runoff wax. If anyone has an original, please let me know what's in the runoff. The new vinyl has "WGINRP" in the runoff. I couldn't tell, from my quick google research, what plant or person that indicates.

Seems like the label decided to just put it back in print and didn't change much. I don't think these are old copies. Just reprinted. Probably not limited. Why does it really matter?

This is exactly why I have been ignoring everyones requests to contact Sony about this. This is most likely exactly what happened here.