Face to Face Laugh Now... Laugh Later

Got mine...

[image]

Nothing too exciting. Signed setlist and "test" pressing just in plain inner sleeve. I was hoping they would do something interesting, but nope.

[image]

Inside gatefold. Trever looks mad that they didn't supersize his happy meal.

[image]

At least they printed that this is the first edition on the back. Didn't take photos of the portfolio.

All in all fairly glad I got it. I am still wondering what the actual pressing numbers for each color are because the math was wrong on the initial numbers. ???

Probably 100 White, 200 Red, 200 Clear. I wouldn't fret about the test press...I'm gonna slip it in with the portfolio. There were 350 backers so i did the math in my head a while ago and a first pressing of 500 with 75 tests made more sense.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the chance to finally kick back and spin the vinyl while reading the lyrics and checking out the art. I have to say I am now pretty happy I got this. Side A is the strongest, but overall the record did not disappoint. Any Face to Face fan would be stoked. If you didn't get this, find someone who will sell theirs. I'm keeping all of mine.

New info from the Kickstarter site:

"There was an error when listing the color run. There was a total of 1,000 records pressed in the first edition. Only the first 500 are part of this Kickstarter promotion. Here is the color run in order:

100 - white

200 - red

200 - clear

These are the only colors that are part of the Kickstarter promo.

500 - blue

Some of these were sold at shows. Most are still available and will most likely end up for sale on line and in record stores."

New info from the Kickstarter site:

"There was an error when listing the color run. There was a total of 1,000 records pressed in the first edition. Only the first 500 are part of this Kickstarter promotion. Here is the color run in order:

100 - white

200 - red

200 - clear

These are the only colors that are part of the Kickstarter promo.

500 - blue

Some of these were sold at shows. Most are still available and will most likely end up for sale on line and in record stores."

Of course that only made sense. If they only sold it at shows that meant it was at least $25 a pop knowing Face to Face. Love the band but hate their overpriced merch.

Totally believable. I mean, Face to Face is a pretty big band with a large worldwide following and not everyone is as obsessive/clued in about new vinyl releases as all of us- there were probably a lot of people who had no idea the kickstarter thing even happened. I have no doubt my 100 bucks was well spent especially if I ever want to sell. I would also be interested to see that test up on ebay.

I got a blue copy and it's not sitting well. Emailing them now.

To be quite honest I'm actually pretty pissed that I chipped in as part of the kickstarter (a la a preorder) had to wait a few months to get the record, and then got the version that's available to everybody.

Wait. So you chipped in $25 and got a blue? Thats fucked up!

• 3 weeks later...
I saw one at my local store the other day. That should be blue then?

the antagonist records first pressing all say First pressing on the back. the red white and clear were all sent out as part of the kickstarter. The blue was sold afterwards. Unless they got it used or through kickstarter, it should be blue