PO: Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math

Overall I think it's slightly better than the last one. The closing track is so Modest Mouse-y.

Pensacola, Virgin, and Simple Math are the standout tracks so far. Deer is pretty good as an opener, too. I don't think there's anything I don't like on the album.

I'm not sure anything is as good as "100 Dollars" followed by "I Can Feel a Hot One" though.

Just saw them tonight (which, holy damn, my head is never going to stop ringing), and picked up Simple Math for $20, which I guess is what they'll be selling them for at all dates.

INTERESTING NOTE:

They had vinyl copies of Mean Everything To Nothing AND I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child, also $20. I'm 90% sure they're both represses, but in case anybody was wanting these and couldn't afford what they're going for now.. Get to a show.

INTERESTING NOTE:

They had vinyl copies of Mean Everything To Nothing AND I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child, also $20. I'm 90% sure they're both represses, but in case anybody was wanting these and couldn't afford what they're going for now.. Get to a show.

I was hoping to hear this. I will definitely be picking up a copy of I'm Like a Virgin tomorrow night. Cannot wait.

INTERESTING NOTE:

I was hoping to hear this. I will definitely be picking up a copy of I'm Like a Virgin tomorrow night. Cannot wait.

Ahh dammit. So the "sealed" copy of mean everything to nothing I just bought for $36 from someone on this forum is most likely a repress. Awesome. I'm seeing them in less than a monh and could've grabbed it for 20..

Anyone know how to tell the diff

there isn't really. and i think the fact that they are their own label i think they just press more when they need them and then sell it (or they pressed a shit load and keep some on hand). so i think these will pretty much always be around if you see them on tour.

I went to the show in Detroit last night and picked up a copy of I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child, only to come home and figure out..... that I already had one. I haven't looked at my collection in over a year, I've been away at school and wasn't able to take it with me due to lack of space in my room, so I left it at my parents house. I walked into the show and saw it up on the merch wall and instantly knew I had to buy one, without remembering I had picked one up last year.

SO with that being the case, if anyone is willing to trade a (mint) copy of Simple Math for a brand new, sealed copy of I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just buy a new copy of Simple Math and try to sell my copy of 'Virgin' somehow.

I went to the show in Detroit last night and picked up a copy of I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child, only to come home and figure out..... that I already had one. I haven't looked at my collection in over a year, I've been away at school and wasn't able to take it with me due to lack of space in my room, so I left it at my parents house. I walked into the show and saw it up on the merch wall and instantly knew I had to buy one, without remembering I had picked one up last year.

SO with that being the case, if anyone is willing to trade a (mint) copy of Simple Math for a brand new, sealed copy of I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just buy a new copy of Simple Math and try to sell my copy of 'Virgin' somehow.

Dude, I just saw a copy of "Like A Virgin Losing A Child" go for over 60 bucks on ebay...If I were you, I would totally sell it on ebay then buy a copy of Simple Math....haha

Dude, I just saw a copy of "Like A Virgin Losing A Child" go for over 60 bucks on ebay...If I were you, I would totally sell it on ebay then buy a copy of Simple Math....haha

I saw that too today but wasn't sure because they said it was a Promo edition.... I guess it can't hurt to throw an auction up and see where it goes from there.

Mean Everything to Nothing is up in their store for $14.99

http://manchesterorchestra.cinderblock.c....hing-viny l-lp/

I paid $20 a few weeks ago for a used copy, I'm really glad I didn't pay anymore or this would have just made me mad. A record that is seemingly out of print and all of a sudden new copies start showing up everywhere.

Mean Everything to Nothing is up in their store for $14.99

http://manchesterorchestra.cinderblock.c....hing-viny l-lp/

I paid $20 a few weeks ago for a used copy, I'm really glad I didn't pay anymore or this would have just made me mad. A record that is seemingly out of print and all of a sudden new copies start showing up everywhere.

I paid $30 for it at the beginning of April. It's only $10 more, but still a bummer :/