bands that get better with each album!

Thrice.

I think Beggars is their best, but Vhiessu and the Alchemy Index are their worst.

That's interesting. Most everyone who feels that Vheissu and the Alchemy installments are the weakest albums, often insist that TAITA and TIOS are their best work. Quite the exception in your case... different strokes for different folks, though.

I feel like musically Against Me! has, but obviously most people will look at their earlier stuff as their best content-wise, and probably overall sound, too.

I have nothing to add here, move along.

This just accentuates the point that increased technical prowess can be construed as a band getting "better" even though one's personal favorites by the band aren't their most recent efforts.

Case in point, I mentioned Propagandhi...their songwriting is getting more complex and they are shredding more, but my favorite album will always be Today's Empires.

Touche Amore (we'll see after "Parting The Sea...")

Brand New

Thrice

Defeater

fight me

I had no idea people liked D&G so much until the vinyl came out. The first time I heard that, I thought "what the fuck?" I always thought they got worse with each release. Maybe the third is better than the second.

definitely agree with defeater, new album is unreal.

the flatliners are definitely up there too

i have to disagree with AWS though, the self-titled ep, while still exceedingly good, isn't as good as ruiner or career suicide or mute print IMHO. i also disagree with the loved ones, keep your heart is better than build and burn, though i still love build and burn

nah Full Collapse is thursdays best album

and Deja is Brand New's

Yeah those are great albums from both bands but their both being something sonically different with each new release which is great. Full Collapse is totally different than Common Existence and No Devolucion and to me that shows them getting better and better.

and hands down for me The Devil and God.....