Can't wait to live in a free country.

it's called: getting a real, legit job like everyone else. or going on welfare. either/or is always an option.

tell those college kids to just take out loans like i did. and i'm sure 95% of people are forced to do.

Wow you sound like a real asshole. What a fucking hater you are.

Real job? I doubt you have ever had a job in your life that you have put as much effort into as I have learning and getting good at poker. Hand analysis, ranges, odds, implied odds. It's a lot of fucking work. Have you ever gotten finished with your job and then spent hours analyzing how good you did at your job so you could have better results in the future at your job? Discussed strategies with other employees to attain more success?

Do you know what it takes to make a decent living playing poker? Spending more time on it than you would a "real job." You're just an asshole.

Welfare and college loans? Fuck you. What kind of advice is that? I don't know what demon I woke up on this forum. Sorry this is some real shit going down in the news that affects my real life.

Fuck ya'll. Go back to posting "u mad" pics and talking shit about something you know nothing about.

hey dude, could you call me an asshole one more time? i don't think you've told us all to fuck ourselves enough, either! i think if you say it once more we might truly understand how you feel about us.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure why everyone is hating on the fact that he plays poker. I think he's as annoying as the next guy, and saying you're going to flee the country/fuck america is pretty childish, but the dude should have the right to play poker if he wants to. Also, I highly doubt he's making a living off of 5 grand a year.

oh and, if you really want to know, i have a 'real job' that i go to for 40 hours a week, then spent the great majority of my time not at said 'real job' perfecting my craft of photography, which is my second job. so yeah, i guess you could say that i spend most of my waking hours not at my 'real job' 'discussing strategies with other employees to attain more success', seeing as i spend this time reading photo blogs, conversing with other photographer, or actually taking and editing photos.

but yeah, fuck me. i'm just some asshole hater who has no idea what hardships you go through winning money in online poker. lulz.

oh and, if you really want to know, i have a 'real job' that i go to for 40 hours a week, then spent the great majority of my time not at said 'real job' perfecting my craft of photography, which is my second job. so yeah, i guess you could say that i spend most of my waking hours not at my 'real job' 'discussing strategies with other employees to attain more success', seeing as i spend this time reading photo blogs, conversing with other photographer, or actually taking and editing photos.

but yeah, fuck me. i'm just some asshole hater who has no idea what hardships you go through winning money in online poker. lulz.

Actually it sounds like you read what I wrote and now have a better understanding of the idea that poker can be a "real job." And the same goes for me about you.

Now imagine if the FBI made it so you couldn't take photos in the US anymore. Sounds pretty shitty.

Oh and someone said something earlier about poker being "tax-free." I've never met a poker player who consistently profited who didn't claim their income on their tax return. They even ask you to provide proof via printed out audits of your winnings. Forgot to add that. Buddy of mine cleared 300k last year in tournament winnings. Tax time wasn't fun for him.

If photography for profit became illegal for whatever reason, it'd be a strange strange bummer, but i doubt i'd get mad enough to think the US is some sort of awful hell hole from which i'd like to flee. i'd just do it for free (which i seem to do a lot of anyways), because i just love doing photography. simple as that.

i wish i made $300k doing anything at all last year (especially something I enjoy). i'd gladly pay in 1/3 of that to the government at tax time.

FOR REAL. I MEAN, IF I WANNA DO NOTHING BUT HOOKERS AND BLOW, THAT IS MY GODDAMN RIGHT AS A GODDAMN USA-MAN. I MEAN, EUROPES DO IT ALL THE TIME AND THEY'RE COOL ABOUT IT SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE LIONS WITH JETPACKS ON THEM BECAUSE I SPEND MY MONEY ON THEM AND THATS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS LION TO HAVE BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA AND TAXES ARE BULLSHIT AND I HATE IT BECAUSE FREEDOM ISN'T FREE AND WE NEED MORE GAMBLING BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO PAY TAXES THATS FOR PEOPLE WITH REAL JOBS I NEED MORE MONEY FOR JETPACK LIONS AND LESS FOR FUCKING OBAMACARE. ALSO I NEED A LIFE SIZE STATUE OF A LLAMA MADE ENTIRELY OF GOLD. I DON'T KNOW WHY, I JUST DO. ITS A THING, I GUESS AND THIS IS AMERICA OF THE UNITED AND I SHOULD GODDAMN BE ABLE TO BUY ONE IF I GODDAMN PLEASE.

THIS.

[image]

Actually it sounds like you read what I wrote and now have a better understanding of the idea that poker can be a "real job." And the same goes for me about you.

Now imagine if the FBI made it so you couldn't take photos in the US anymore. Sounds pretty shitty.

Oh and someone said something earlier about poker being "tax-free." I've never met a poker player who consistently profited who didn't claim their income on their tax return. They even ask you to provide proof via printed out audits of your winnings. Forgot to add that. Buddy of mine cleared 300k last year in tournament winnings. Tax time wasn't fun for him.

then your friend was foolish. If you're winning $300K a year in poker tournaments, and claiming that money to the government, and not setting aside the 30-35% of earnings to pay income taxes, then they simply are doing things wrong, and should have an accountant and pay taxes quarterly...which would also alleviate late fees.

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

asshole

it's called: getting a real, legit job like everyone else. or going on welfare. either/or is always an option.

tell those college kids to just take out loans like i did. and i'm sure 95% of people are forced to do.

Wow you sound like a real asshole. What a fucking hater you are.

Real job? I doubt you have ever had a job in your life that you have put as much effort into as I have learning and getting good at poker. Hand analysis, ranges, odds, implied odds. It's a lot of fucking work. Have you ever gotten finished with your job and then spent hours analyzing how good you did at your job so you could have better results in the future at your job? Discussed strategies with other employees to attain more success?

Do you know what it takes to make a decent living playing poker? Spending more time on it than you would a "real job." You're just an asshole.

Welfare and college loans? Fuck you. What kind of advice is that? I don't know what demon I woke up on this forum. Sorry this is some real shit going down in the news that affects my real life.

Fuck ya'll. Go back to posting "u mad" pics and talking shit about something you know nothing about.

Man, you are dangerously close to "taking life too seriously". Also, the strategy of going into hulk rage after somebody says "u mad" does not disprove their point. You are not a talented debater. It's probably because...

[image]

Hey raidenradio I just have a few quick questions for you.

First, how old are you?

Second, what if this whole online poker thing actually does die out? Maybe not today or tomorrow, but say 10 years from now? You so quickly defend yourself saying how much hard work and effort you put into it, but in the long run is knowing how to play poker online really an asset?

Good for you for making 30K+ in the 6 years or whatever though.

Who cares. Pull your money and do something useful instead. USA still #1.

6 years ago I invested $100.

I have netted over $30,000 playing poker in that time.

Uh... cool story? That doesn't mean you've contributed to society, or that being good at online poker is a useful skill. Didn't want to be that guy, but there's more to life than making shitloads of money.

Poker is fun and I understand it's a skill and I respect people who are good at it.....but what use is it to society? I guess maybe in taxes, if people report them.

I dunno I'm and engineer and actually ya know, do something in creating and developing a product. I just have a problem with people who only make money from other peoples money instead of creating or providing a service.

I also don't think too highly of people in wal-street financial and shit like that. Where in order for you to make money, someone else had to lose money and it was not enjoyable for them.

You could probably equate this to sports players, but people give money (via merchandise or tickets) because they enjoy watching them play not because they lost their money.

Second, what if this whole online poker thing actually does die out? Maybe not today or tomorrow, but say 10 years from now? You so quickly defend yourself saying how much hard work and effort you put into it, but in the long run is knowing how to play poker online really an asset?

In the sense that I was able to keep myself afloat with it when I was in between jobs. Playing online poker is the best way to improve at the game. It is what makes online players significantly better than those old guys who play live. We're better because we can accumulate more experience and play more hands and be put in more situations in 6 months than they do in their entire lives.

6 years ago I invested $100.

I have netted over $30,000 playing poker in that time.

Uh... cool story? That doesn't mean you've contributed to society, or that being good at online poker is a useful skill. Didn't want to be that guy, but there's more to life than making shitloads of money.

Just to be clear - $5K per year does not qualify as "shitloads of money."

Truth. And I get the feeling this guy puts a lot of time into this. I make about 3x that working (at a job, where I do things) Fridays and holidays.

Truth. And I get the feeling this guy puts a lot of time into this. I make about 3x that working (at a job, where I do things) Fridays and holidays.

Actually I haven't had time to play seriously the last 2 years. But a buddy of mine had to back to back weeks winning 100k in a tournament recently.

In the sense that I was able to keep myself afloat with it when I was in between jobs. Playing online poker is the best way to improve at the game. It is what makes online players significantly better than those old guys who play live. We're better because we can accumulate more experience and play more hands and be put in more situations in 6 months than they do in their entire lives.

We'll see you at the World Series of Poker final table next time, right?