I'm not sure how to feel about this... (C&C RSD)

If you guys read the story right, Tracy didn't even give one copy to "Brenny" or her baby. She kept both for herself. And then being the creep I can be decided to read their Twitter accounts. Her friend (Brenny?) actually stood in line for 5 hours waiting for a copy of the record in Toronto and went home empty handed. Apparently she's an avid vinyl collector so I guess I can forgive her IF Tracy had given her the 2nd copy.

They both seem like real fans of Dallas but I agree with the whole whiney bit. She seemed like she wanted to be some sort of hero in the story, but she kept both copies for herself.

I don't really care for City and Colour but it seems like most of you are just irritated that someone 'undeserving' in your eyes got a copy and you didn't. Really? What you do with what you buy is your business. Get over it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with matthew, hickey, etc.

When I was 14 or 15 I started buying Clash records even though I didn't have my own record player. Hopefully she'll become a record-listener as well, and ultimately, the more people that buy vinyl, the more chance there will be of records we love getting pressed and/or re-pressed, not to mention the monetary support for record labels/musicians.

"we're out of bort name-tags in the gift shop!"

LOL

Am I the only one who couldnt care less what someone else does with their own records?

Play em, hang em on the wall, set em on fire, use em as as frisbees....I dont care.

I agree with part of this. I WOULD care if someone burned their records or used them as frisbees ;)

If this girl gets into listening to records more power to her

also, the entry in question has been deleted. and her twitter is now private. i hope she did this because of us.

There's a new post regarding VC. Are we supposed to hate her pregnant friend because even though Tracy got 2 and didn't end up giving one to "Brenny" at least her friend ended up getting one from "Dillon". Tracy seems like a bad friend and these people seem "made up". Hoarder.

Wait why am I still lon this thread?

I don't see the big deal. She's a big City & Colour fan, so she wanted to buy the record. Like someone else said, she probably would have got it on eBay at an inflated price anyways. Nobody's more entitled to owning something than anybody else.. If she actually was to play frisbee with it or set it on fire it'd probably piss me off, but she can do what she wants to. Anyways, at least framing it and putting it on her wall she's appreciating it. Comparing her to a flipper seems retarded. Whateva.

That's how I got into records. RSD 3 years ago I volunteered to help at my shop, and ended up buying two albums that I loved and just thought would mean a lot to me to have on vinyl. 2 or 3 months later, I bought a nice old turntable and receiver and I've been using it ever since.

also, the entry in question has been deleted. and her twitter is now private. i hope she did this because of us.

There's a new post regarding VC. Are we supposed to hate her pregnant friend because even though Tracy got 2 and didn't end up giving one to "Brenny" at least her friend ended up getting one from "Dillon". Tracy seems like a bad friend and these people seem "made up". Hoarder.

ahahaha.

TEAM DILLON!

also, i don't have a problem with her buying one for herself considering that she's a big fan, etc etc.

however, i think it's terribly funny that she says 'Frankly it's really not anyones business.' after writing a long and detailed post about it on the internet. for everyone and anyone to read.

ahahaha.

TEAM DILLON!

also, i don't have a problem with her buying one for herself considering that she's a big fan, etc etc.

however, i think it's terribly funny that she says 'Frankly it's really not anyones business.' after writing a long and detailed post about it on the internet. for everyone and anyone to read.

bringing the lolz

I don't think it's that bad. I bought an It Prevails record before I bought my turntable. When I finally got one, it made listening to it so much cooler just because of the anticipation leading up to that point. Also, I picked up an RSD release I didn't want, but I'm going to the post office after I type this out to send it to my friend who really DOES want it. Those kinds of things can happen and not be seen as bad. It just seems that way because EVERYONE wants this record.

If anything I think she's lame for pointing out that she has no turntable. That little factoid is entirely unnecessary and bound to have pissed other fans off considering how many people wanted this and how limited it is.

However, I personally cannot, and I don't know how she can justify ignorance like:

Maybe it will be and I can sure as hell tell you I'll never waste my time on Vinyl Collective.

I've taken no part in any of the C&C noise (unless you want to be technical and consider this), but I guess I'm the bad guy too because I'm on VC.

And I don't think it's fair for her to be condescending towards the people that got mad about this either. If her point was taken out of context, then the fault is hers for not portraying that point clearly. As she said:

This is also the internet

If you want to say something so that people get "what you mean," then you can't be unclear about what you say. Simple as that.

For her generosity to her friend, I call her a saint.

For her ignorance, I call her a bleeding syphilitic cunt.

For her insincerity, I call her a bitch.

So by my count, she's still pretty fucking lame.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':0u70cv6y]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':0u70cv6y]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');