Vinyl Collective Award 2007

i don't know this is a good or bad idea.

Virgil and Ben are so busy but it's good that Benchwarmer is new moderator.

i think we should compose this award for make a good movement of vinyl collector all around the world.

this award should give to the band or label who press vinyl format.

at this moments,i have an idea of prize like this....

best colour vinyl of the year

best press of the year

best package of the year

best illustration/graphic design of the year

best label of the year

best band of the year

best your edition vinyl

most wanted for press on vinyl format of the year

most wanted item of the year

most wanted test press of the year

some thing like this.

sorry that my english is not good enough for descript this idea.

share your opnion here....

:)

how about the boarders come up with the categories for bests (best packaging, best record, best vinyl label, etc) and at the end of the year, we will get everyone's feedback and post a feature on the vinyl collective site with everyone's tops of the year.

i dont think anyone beats the murder by death 2x10" packaging... its past ridiculous even by artsy standards.

I'm going to say it again, although I think I may be the only one who feels this way. I think the artwork isn't high res enough and seems pixelated.

I do top tens every year as well, in multiple categories because I'm pretentious enough to believe that people care what I think. Already, I can say "most wanted for press on vinyl format of the year" goes to None More Black's This Is Satire album. I know sabot has said they're putting it out and I visit their site every day to make sure I'm not missing out on a preorder.

Guest falloutcollapse

you have a point. or else i would not be saying +1 after real-life sentences and comparing my homecoming date's dress to my copy of planet of ice 2xlp

i don't know how do you feel when the others call you vinyl nerd.

at first time that my girlfriend called me like that,i upset her but when the time passed.i think it's okay.

at least,i know what i nerd and the nerd things that i am is make me happy.

anyway,nice to know many ones here like this idea....

I dunno, I think packaging-wise, the Torche 10" has everything beat.

can you post a picture of that? i don't like torche enough to order one but i heard they're really nice.

this sounds pretty cool!

but i think it'd be easier if either the mods or a certain group come up with nominees for each category, as to narrow down the selection, but i don't know how that would work (as far as the selection of who these people are--other than the mods, of course). people would be unhappy, but it is an awards thing. then there could be a thread for each category with polls in them. and if there's a way to keep the poll results private, that'd be awesome! so that the winners we choose will be a surprise to us when they're posted!

awesome awesome idea. but yeah. time consuming.