PO: P.TM NEW album "In the Mountain in the Clouds"

I don't feel that there are any legitimate links between AG and Waiter. Waiter has a much more unique sense of melody and composition and it really made P.TM stand out in the crowd but AG felt like they were succumbing more to conventional song structures and doing it in a boring way. I can see from one angle how CC could seem boring but I find it exciting in the sense that it is unique in the current general popular musical climate.

I agree with what you said about Waiter but I feel like they really were kind of feeling things out and some of the songs seemed odd. Church Mouth was heavy on the Led Zeppelin vibe and I feel like they were listening to way too much Pink Floyd when they wrote Censored Colors. In my opinion they really didn't start to get their sound down until SS. American Ghetto is excellent.

I tend to like music better when it seems like they are just feeling it out. Once bands start to "hone" their songwriting it gets standard, Pop, and boring to me. They eventually learn how to compose the same way everyone else does. I prefer the variation and oddity of Waiter. Church Mouth and Censored Colors had a bit of the standard composition thing going on but the material was strong enough to eclipse that and they wound up being awesome records. There are good songs on both SS and AG but some just suck.

I don't feel that there are any legitimate links between AG and Waiter. Waiter has a much more unique sense of melody and composition and it really made P.TM stand out in the crowd but AG felt like they were succumbing more to conventional song structures and doing it in a boring way. I can see from one angle how CC could seem boring but I find it exciting in the sense that it is unique in the current general popular musical climate.
sorry i should have specified i was more meaning pre-waiter stuff