Record blog: Dischord #1-12 incl tests, Revelation

http://www.seekingthesimple.com/vinyl

Photos of Dischord #1-12 including tests, Revelation Records, Wishingwell Records, Schism, Minor Threat, Uniform Choice, Mouthpiece, Bane, Modern Life Is War, American Nightmare, + a bunch of others.

After collecting punk vinyl for 15 years, I am calling it quits. More and more I'm coming to realize the aged truism: we don't own our possessions, our possessions end up owning us. It's time for me to pass on a lot of this for others to enjoy, who will eventually pass on to another, etc etc. This is just the natural cycle of collectors of any kind, and I think it's a fun thing to be a part of. I've enjoyed compiling several different collections; so much so, that I'm taking the time to document many of my favorite "sub-collections" here in photographs. I've also included little stories about each photo regarding little fun facts about how I came to own some of these, etc. I don't have a specific time table for any of this, and I'm not selling everything. I'll be keeping one copy of every single release I own, because I do want the artwork and the music! I just don't need multiple copies of the same release anymore. That means I won't be selling my one original Antidote 7" or my only copy of Victim In Pain, etc. I'll also be keeping all of my Minor Threat, Youth Of Today, Carry On, Champion, and Rivalry releases - these are all bands that had a significant influence on me and/or I was involved with the bands. I will post things for sale at my own pace, in no order other than "whatever is easiest to part with first". First and foremost this is just a visual documentation of my collection. Not everything you see in photos will be for sale, though much of it will be. I'll make separate "sale posts" when I identify pieces that are ready to sell. Enjoy the stories and photos!

Sometime soon I'll get around to getting the sale list together, which will include Rev and Dischord tests + rarities, FP on gold, and lots of other rare stuff. I'm not selling YOT or Minor Threat, but a lot of other things are going. But for now, just enjoy the write ups and photos!

http://www.seekingthesimple.com/vinyl

[image]

Pretty Great. I have a huge attachment to those early Rev releases and collected a copy of each until I got to a point where I had to choose food/tuition vs records. In the past few years when I went back to look for those I'm missing I can't believe how much they go for. I think my early Rev collection is forever frozen in time.

Good luck with the sale.