Stealing Records from Hot Topic

Im not even sure it was an employee who did this. It very well could have been a customer who found a sensor on the ground and thought it would be funny to put it thru a LP. Who knows. Its not like its the standard or anything.

It was the only album that didn't have the plastic on it. I figured someone took off the plastic to check the vinyl color, then the employee found it unwrapped and shoved the sensor through the records and the sleeve so they stayed together.

It was the only record like this.

Im not even sure it was an employee who did this. It very well could have been a customer who found a sensor on the ground and thought it would be funny to put it thru a LP. Who knows. Its not like its the standard or anything.

It was the only album that didn't have the plastic on it. I figured someone took off the plastic to check the vinyl color, then the employee found it unwrapped and shoved the sensor through the records and the sleeve so they stayed together.

It was the only record like this.

Yea its possible but just as possible a customer ripped the shrink wrap off and stuck that thru there.

Funny, seeing as I have never been able to leave a HT with records that were properly desensitized and didn't trigger the security at every other store I went to.

+1

Nothing but dumb fucks who work in those stores and know NOTHING about that bands they sell products of.

I work at Hot Topic. I know my shit. Love me.

oh. my. dear. lord. baby. jesus.

This is an awesome example of why shopping at HT is a terrible idea (except for grabbing the Mark, Tom, and Travis Show).

No that sucks, I ordered it awhile ago and they send me an email saying how they can't send it because they are sold out....then they proceeded to charge the initial $54 and the new $36.

Funny, seeing as I have never been able to leave a HT with records that were properly desensitized and didn't trigger the security at every other store I went to.

Yea, Hot Topic employees around me are not mentally efficient. They ram the record into the desensitizer full force and bend the edges......then again he probably just likes to move fast so he can swish his hair for all the 14yr old girls who think screamo is still cool.

Anyways.. did ya'll hear about Andy Sixx from Black Veil Brides broke his ribs during a show. He is like such a total badass..

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrdmx1gpeE&hl=en&fs=1

That was actually at a HT event at the Hollywood & Highland mall last Saturday.

oh. my. dear. lord. baby. jesus.

This is an awesome example of why shopping at HT is a terrible idea (except for grabbing the Mark, Tom, and Travis Show).

No that sucks, I ordered it awhile ago and they send me an email saying how they can't send it because they are sold out....then they proceeded to charge the initial $54 and the new $36.

When something sells out online it doesnt come down off the site immediately. With the next publish it will be taken down. Also they dont charge your card until the item ships so I dont think you would have gotten charged for something unless they actually shipped you the item.

Also I checked on how long these were available on HT.com and it was up for like 6 weeks so its not like everyone on this board didnt have plenty of chances to get a copy if they wanted it.

When something sells out online it doesnt come down off the site immediately. With the next publish it will be taken down. Also they dont charge your card until the item ships so I dont think you would have gotten charged for something unless they actually shipped you the item.

For what it's worth, the same thing happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. Muse's Origin Of Symmetry was on clearance; it added to the cart, and I successfully checked out. [And was thus charged.] Shortly after, I received an e-mail saying that it was out of stock, and that I wouldn't be charged for it. So they deducted the cost of that LP [$7.00] from the total, and then charged me the new total again.

It all got sorted out without a hassle. Just wanted to point out that it's happened to me.

For what it's worth, the same thing happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. Muse's Origin Of Symmetry was on clearance; it added to the cart, and I successfully checked out. [And was thus charged.] Shortly after, I received an e-mail saying that it was out of stock, and that I wouldn't be charged for it. So they deducted the cost of that LP [$7.00] from the total, and then charged me the new total again.

It all got sorted out without a hassle. Just wanted to point out that it's happened to me.

Right, I didnt mean that. You may be able to check out with an item in your cart that just recently went out of stock that day but your card wont be charged for that item at all if its out of stock. You only get charged for items that actually ship and your card gets charged once it ships out. They wont charge you for something and then find out its out of stock and refund you later.

everyone who works in retail knows that not all sensors can be deactivated and that some need to be physically removed. the sensors stuck to the shrink wrap on vinyl at HT stores fall into that category. if they are removed, the shrink wrap will tear. a lot of customers freak out if you tear the shrink wrap. if you don't want the alarms to go off, tell them to remove it when you're paying at the register.

A friend of mine awhile back told me that one time he went into hot topic tore the plastic off of some of the records he wanted, went to the front desk and told them that he had bought them earlier and didn't want them. So they told him he couldn't return them. I don't get how they didn't see him walk in bare handed in the first place.

A friend of mine awhile back told me that one time he went into hot topic tore the plastic off of some of the records he wanted, went to the front desk and told them that he had bought them earlier and didn't want them. So they told him he couldn't return them. I don't get how they didn't see him walk in bare handed in the first place.

Thats a pretty big douche move to pull in the first place

everyone who works in retail knows that not all sensors can be deactivated and that some need to be physically removed. the sensors stuck to the shrink wrap on vinyl at HT stores fall into that category. if they are removed, the shrink wrap will tear. a lot of customers freak out if you tear the shrink wrap. if you don't want the alarms to go off, tell them to remove it when you're paying at the register.

While I can't speak for every Hot Topic, I've bought records several times at the one in a local mall here without the sensor being removed or the alarms at other stores going off.

Thats a pretty big douche move to pull in the first place

Yeah i agree. He could have made it up though.

Since we're sharing HT stories now, last week when I bought the new Touche Amore the guy at the register stood there looking at it for awhile and goes "so who is this?" And preceded to tell me how he loved ordering "vinyl" from the kiosk.

He's pretty much the stereotype most people on here think of when these threads pop up. The staff there are actually pretty cool for the most part though, very polite and typically they know what I'm there for.

Anyways.. did ya'll hear about Andy Sixx from Black Veil Brides broke his ribs during a show. He is like such a total badass..

You mean this?

In his defense, have you ever tried to jump like that wearing that much leather, make up, and heavy boots? shit ain't easy..

You mean this?

In his defense, have you ever tried to jump like that wearing that much leather, make up, and heavy boots? shit ain't easy..

Wait, have you tried that? Story timeeeeeee