The Fall of Troy- Doppelgänger(few test preses ava

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit, thank god you told me to listen to this album before I buy it, I would have never thought of that myself.

If it's self-explanatory then there is zero point to your comment.

I'm sure many people will buy this solely on nostalgia/impulse, as I almost did, without listening to it beforehand.

Honestly, is there really something wrong with trying to give people a heads up? I'd love for someone else to do the same...

A heads up is for something universal and objective like "Heads up, dude! There's a bolder rolling straight at you!!"

Dude in question gets up and out of the way and is saved from bodily harm. "Thanks for the heads up, man!" he'll say.

The expression of a purely subjective, personal opinion on an experience is not a heads up.

For example: "I listened to this album again for the first time in a while and it doesn't have the same impact it first had on me. You may want to rethink that vinyl reissue purchase. Just a head's up, dude."

Dude in question: "Yeah, well, that's just like...your opinion, man..."

In summation, that moderate smear of the material that you made was unnecessary and since the dude who put up all the money to get the job done is actually regularly present in this virtual space, was a little bit of a slap in the face.

Just saying. I hope you all have enjoyed my scenarios.

Shit, thank god you told me to listen to this album before I buy it, I would have never thought of that myself.

If it's self-explanatory then there is zero point to your comment.

I'm sure many people will buy this solely on nostalgia/impulse, as I almost did, without listening to it beforehand.

Honestly, is there really something wrong with trying to give people a heads up? I'd love for someone else to do the same...

A heads up is for something universal and objective like "Heads up, dude! There's a bolder rolling straight at you!!"

Dude in question gets up and out of the way and is saved from bodily harm. "Thanks for the heads up, man!" he'll say.

The expression of a purely subjective, personal opinion on an experience is not a heads up.

For example: "I listened to this album again for the first time in a while and it doesn't have the same impact it first had on me. You may want to rethink that vinyl reissue purchase. Just a head's up, dude."

In summation, that moderate smear of the material that you made was unnecessary and since the dude who put up all the money to get the job done is actually regularly present in this virtual space, was a little bit of a slap in the face.

Standing Ovation.

Standing Ovation.

still on the fence about buying this.

it's good, but i can't really see myself being that into it in a couple years. or passing it on to my child one day saying 'child o' mine, this is the best music my generation has to offer. a timeless classic that will still resonate with you 30 years from now.'

But the Early November records you bought from him pass that litmus test? I mean, I like Ace and all, but this shit is far more ground-breaking and memorable than those two EPs.

it's good, but i can't really see myself being that into it in a couple years. or passing it on to my child one day saying 'child o' mine, this is the best music my generation has to offer. a timeless classic that will still resonate with you 30 years from now.'

But the Early November records you bought from him pass that litmus test? I mean, I like Ace and all, but this shit is far more ground-breaking and memorable than those two EPs.

yeah, actually.

i don't really care how groundbreaking something is in terms of whether i want to purchase it on vinyl. i mean, i just purchased Ocean Avenue, and that's not stellar music by any means. however, i can see myself getting music enjoyment out of that years from now because a. it's just fun and b. it reminds me of summers during my college years.

i didn't say i wasn't going to purchase it, just that with cash being put towards other things at the moment, it would be a tough decision on whether to drop the money on it.

yeah, actually.

i don't really care how groundbreaking something is in terms of whether i want to purchase it on vinyl. i mean, i just purchased Ocean Avenue, and that's not stellar music by any means. however, i can see myself getting music enjoyment out of that years from now because a. it's just fun and b. it reminds me of summers during my college years.

i didn't say i wasn't going to purchase it, just that with cash being put towards other things at the moment, it would be a tough decision on whether to drop the money on it.