introduce a record you like

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^will check ZZZZ out. Sweep were good live, the post-Sweep band Check Engine had a KILLER album, and World/Inferno's sound -although copied to death by lameasses- is worth taking influence from.

ZZZZ kind of came at things from a different direction entirely, but are/were a great band. Their drummer Greg was in Chin Up Chin Up as well.

Steve was in a band called the Early Risers as well, but i'm not sure if they ever produced more than a demo CDr.

If anyone is curious I found and ripped the Early Risers demo CDr thing I had and found some more demos on their still active website, despite the fact that they broke up 5 years ago.

here's a link to the songs, and i scanned the art to the physical demo I have.

the drummer was in Ten Grand as well...

'>https://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dkd0VNNnlxRTI5TE5Vag

I cannot push El Ten Eleven onto people more. Bass/guitar double-neck and drums duo, plenty of loops. Their albums go from Tortoise-esque post-rock to dance to pop. I seriously can't get enough of this band. They've played shows with Dosh, Baths, and (were supposed to play with?) Tera Melos. Totally sick.

Some videos:

Really getting into these guys, thanks for that! Hot Cakes is freaking awesome.

Thought I'd share this LP, its by a band called Nothing Done who I think are from Holland, the record label is anyway. Its the best straight up Hardcore/Skater punk I have ever heard, their second LP was nowhere near as good as this one.

[image]

Unfortunately I can't find any of the songs from this LP available for streaming now, only their new stuff. Well worth seeking out a song or two from it though. The title song Power Trip is good.