Helmet Strap It On ORG Reissue PO up

it was like 5 bucks for 1st class shipping...

i imagine they are paying a steep royalty to get the rights to license these...but no doubt they are expensive and not like they are MSFL sound quality (at least the Nirvana ones weren't).

i have both strap it on and meantime original presses, but i'll give these a shot...only b/c they are among my favorite 90s albums...

it looked like the color was a few bucks more than the black too and they've switched to having insound be the exclusive place to get the color.

i REALLY REALLY want this. i lv the color. but $30? do you think it'll even hold value?

If you are buying records for some sort of investment or perceived value then you are buying records for all the wrong reasons.

The question is will you play it and enjoy the music. That is what it is made for. These aren't baseball cards.

Strap it On is the best Helmet album, period. Unsung was the second best. Anything after that isn't even true Helmet and sucks. So to answer your question, yes if you like Helmet you should get this because it is a great album.

+1 I'm a huge Aftertaste apologist. That was the first one I picked up of theirs on LP. Also the Betty double 10" is fun. I have the AmRep copy of Meantime & Strap It On. Both are kinda so-so condition... perhaps an upgrade is in order. I'm more psyched that Failure's Magnified is coming out... that has never been on LP and desperately needs to be. Also the Comfort reissue rocks.

I love both Betty and Aftertaste. Aftertaste is such a good driving record.

Can't believe they aren't considered "true' Helmet. Especially when songs like Insatiable, Crisis King, Flushings, hell half of Betty itself, all sound like something off of Meantime.

Helmet was/is a band that constantly evolved their sound with each individual release, while keeping that signature ferocity. Shame that people don't give the later albums more of a chance.

Yeah, I definitely understand not getting into Size Matters or anything after, I just happen to enjoy Size Matters and Seeing Eye Dog along with the Gandhi demos. Monochrome is pretty damn bad, although the instrumental version is interesting to listen to.

Peter Mengede recently "rejoined" Helmet for two nights over in Australia for the first time in 18 years. Pretty damn cool to see. If Page doesn't wanna get rid of Dan, he should bring back Pete as a third player haha.

The band sounded the best I've heard in years during the recent Metalliance Tour. The songs actually sounded like they should have, tuning wise and with Page's voice.

Peter Mengede recently "rejoined" Helmet for two nights over in Australia for the first time in 18 years. Pretty damn cool to see.

Went to the Brisbane show. It was very cool. When Pete came on, they churned out a heap of Strap It On jams. Page was in good form, keeping the comedy alive most of the night. Very nostalgic for me. Page even mentioned the Livid festival they played back in '95. They had to stop their set 3 times due to crowd insanity. That was a crazy set and the biggest, bloodiest moshpit i've ever been in.

I like Aftertaste, but I feel like I'm the only one. Meantime is the tits though.

I like Aftertaste too, so you're not the only one. Fucking LOVE Betty. Of course the first records are amazing. In my opinion, the best song they ever did was "Shirley MacClain." Goosebumps even today.

Such an incredible song.

• 2 weeks later...