DEFTONES-SNW & S/T HOT TOPIC exclusives

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess because I was dumb enough to think that scenario was the case. haha Deftones have never been a huge seller in general. They push enough units to make a comfortable living and stay on the roster but I've always felt that their label has just been nice enough to let them continue. I never expected any of these presses to come into fruition and have been shocked at each release's announcement. I just have a hard time believing that one of my favorite bands is getting this much vinyl treatment. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's happening but I'm still (pleasantly) shocked by it.

I guess because I was dumb enough to think that scenario was the case. haha Deftones have never been a huge seller in general. They push enough units to make a comfortable living and stay on the roster but I've always felt that their label has just been nice enough to let them continue. I never expected any of these presses to come into fruition and have been shocked at each release's announcement. I just have a hard time believing that one of my favorite bands is getting this much vinyl treatment. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's happening but I'm still (pleasantly) shocked by it.

how is this weird?

I have a hard believing anyone thought that WB would be releasing two records exclusive to HT when they have repressed 3 other deftones records so far released to essentially anyone and put a box set up for sale

WB told me HT had the complete exclusive on these records and that there wouldnt be any black vinyl pressed for either of these. I guess they meant they are exclusive to HT in the US and they wouldnt sell them on their own (only in a boxset) in the US. Would have been kinda cool if they would have given me ALL the details upfront.

how is this weird?

I have a hard believing anyone thought that WB would be releasing two records exclusive to HT when they have repressed 3 other deftones records so far released to essentially anyone and put a box set up for sale

WB told me HT had the complete exclusive on these records and that there wouldnt be any black vinyl pressed for either of these. I guess they meant they are exclusive to HT in the US and they wouldnt sell them on their own (only in a boxset) in the US. Would have been kinda cool if they would have given me ALL the details upfront.