FS: TMV - Frances The Mute (/-1, 60xLP,solid gold)

jrodan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pressing number isnt even the ridiculous part, but i appreciate being called a douchebag for informing people of stuff. im glad the person who wants more money due to the "love and care" he gave a record is topnotch and not a douche. cuz there is nothing douchey about that line of thought.

The level of devotion to this thread-jack is incredible.

I once bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocket-88-Jackie-Brenston-Delta-Cats-Chess-Records-1458-/270691727910?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f067bfa26#ht_682wt_1270

for $68.60. It doesn't mean I should spend my time telling this guy why $50,000.00 is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Get over it man.

the pressing number isnt even the ridiculous part, but i appreciate being called a douchebag for informing people of stuff. im glad the person who wants more money due to the "love and care" he gave a record is topnotch and not a douche. cuz there is nothing douchey about that line of thought.

i think it was the way you went about it, dude. not the information you were trying to share.

you attacked and harassed me over nothing.

it's not wrong to try and sell something of personal value for a high price.

it's not worth it to me to lose it for any less that i offered, regardless of weather or not you feel it's worth the price i listed.

do you go to stores and slap other peoples price tags on the things they are selling?

it's harassment, dude.

i'm just trying to fix an old mistake by possibly making a new one.

though you were successful at trolling the shit out of me and pissing me off.

so you can take some pride in that.

are you really telling me there is nothing valuable in your collection that you have devoted "love and care" to, that you wouldn't try to sell for a profit in the future if you need it?

i mean really, isn't that why we collectors suck the dicks of our records, so they'll be worth something when we need it?

i know thats always in the back of my mind when i get a hold of something of value.

im not only doing this to tell the guy he is mental. im doing it to help others get the record for a more affordable price. the ability to illustrate how ridiculous this dude is and his inability to see the absurdity of what he is asking has made me laugh out loud multiple times since ive started posting in this thread. im having a great time. sue me.

also, to the people saying im trolling, i think you need to look up what trolling is. the information i am sharing is valuable and is not being done purely to annoy. the annoyance is just a fortunate byproduct.

sharing information and being an abusive dick are two different things.

you hijacked my thread and ruined my chances of doing something i was trying to do to save my own ass.

theres nothing appropriate about that at all. regardless of how you feel.

ruined your chances of doing what exactly? finding a sucker to take money from? imagine yourself in the same situation. you want a record and someone is selling it for much more than you can get it for elsewhere. no one says anything and you end up buying it only to find out after you have bought it that you could have gotten a better (but admitedly less "love and care"d for) deal somewhere else on a mint sealed copy. would the news that you were helping someone who is poor with money management make you feel better? if so, you are even more pathetic than i originally thought.

ruined your chances of doing what exactly? finding a sucker to take money from? imagine yourself in the same situation. you want a record and someone is selling it for much more than you can get it for elsewhere. no one says anything and you end up buying it only to find out after you have bought it that you could have gotten a better (but admitedly less "love and care"d for) deal somewhere else on a mint sealed copy. would the news that you were helping someone who is poor with money management make you feel better? if so, you are even more pathetic than i originally thought.

lay off the insults, dude.

i'm not pathetic, or an idiot, or any of the above.

just trying to sell something, for a price i decided, if you or anyone else isn't interested, ignore it.

i'm not swindling, i'm not dishonest, just asking a price for something thats mine.

i'll leave this up for a day, and if no one offers i will delete this thread due to successful trolling.

people like you need to win to be right, right?

so come tomorrow you should shut up.

wait, you suck the dicks of your records?

All the time.

I'm done defending myself by the way, so I won't reply to the troll question.

I've gotten drunk since all this and im finding it all pretty funny.

Records still for sale though. And the price hasn't changed, unless you want to pay less an throw an interesting trade in the mix. Id be willing to do that too.

are you really telling me there is nothing valuable in your collection that you have devoted "love and care" to, that you wouldn't try to sell for a profit in the future if you need it?

What does that even mean? Records sit on my shelf until I want to listen to them. Then I listen to them. I love and care for my wife.

i mean really, isn't that why we collectors suck the dicks of our records, so they'll be worth something when we need it?

Fuck no. I "collect" records because I love music, and I think records are the superior format. "We collectors" should stick to Beanie Babies and quit fucking up the market for records.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':1yp8hfdj]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':1yp8hfdj]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

so wait... your records have dicks? and you suck the dicks?

this was already discussed.

yes. i suck my records dicks.

last time i defend myself here

that's now the second time you've said that... want to go for the trifecta?

don't.

just...don't.

i love you all.

sexually.

p.s.

if you keep handing me a shovel, i'm gunna keep diggin'.

so let's stop picking on me and get back on topic.

who wants to pay $200 for a mars volta record with a torn sleeve?

no one?

k.

The level of devotion to this thread-jack is incredible.

I once bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocket-88-Jackie-Brenston-Delta-Cats-Chess-Records-1458-/270691727910?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f067bfa26#ht_682wt_1270

for $68.60. It doesn't mean I should spend my time telling this guy why $50,000.00 is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Get over it man.

A very excellent post by Ryan here. But I just wanted to comment that someone actually spent money on a record (a 78, no less) that has historic and significant musical value, regardless of the fact that it holds some monetary value.

This record, along with Elvis Presley's recording of "That's All Right" in 1954 are the two most most significant songs in the argument for when Rock and Roll came into existence. If you're not familiar with the story, it's actually really interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_88

Back to this thread:

almightyseancore has a right to sell his shit for what he wants. Everyone else, including jrodan, doesn't have to buy it. According to VC guidelines posted by Juan: http://www.vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sale&action=display&thread=36775:

Sale spoiling

Please do not march into a thread and state that you can get an item for $X on eBay or some other online store. Or that you're selling the same item for less. If you think their price may be too high, don't be rude about it. If others feel the same way, then it won't sell. This is a hobby where each person gives an item a different monetary worth. While it's fine to look out for others, people should also do research into the item they are buying. also, if a buyer offers a price that you consider to be too low a price for an item, please politely decline it, or give them a ball park figure you're thinking around.