Pressings to avoid

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera-Cowboys from Hell: the recent re-press skips on Side C.

Just yours does. Mine does not

Actually I played it on a backup turntable I had that is total garbage and it did but really no weight to the cartridge. On my primary it worked fine. I only heard a few people had the same issues, but I believe it is more of what you are spinning it on

The Sparklehorse reissues are unlistenable

Pantera-Cowboys from Hell: the recent re-press skips on Side C.

Just yours does. Mine does not

Actually I played it on a backup turntable I had that is total garbage and it did but really no weight to the cartridge. On my primary it worked fine. I only heard a few people had the same issues, but I believe it is more of what you are spinning it on

OK. i had heard a few people had had the same problem. Glad that yours works, anyways.

Nope, mine is super noisy and poppy pretty much all the way through. It's annoying because it looks totally clean.

than its a damn shitty press. i got this new and sealed directly from the label. don't know about the normal press on black. maybe i'll have to try this.

i have the colored version and it's the same as well. i always thought it was my copy, glad to hear its not though.

also, a lot of people have complained about the Sigur Ros boxset quality. while i can't speak on behalf of the seperate pressings, my boxset versions sound great!

from what i remember reading, the current pressing of 1372 overton park by lucero wasn't that great, or good. which is a bummer.

(i assume it was mastered from the CD; since it was released by a major label, that wouldn't be surprising anyway)

I got one from the first batch and it's fine. Brian told me that most of the rest got warped somehow.

Also, Rebels, Rogues & Sworn Brothers is really poorly mastered.

from what i remember reading, the current pressing of 1372 overton park by lucero wasn't that great, or good. which is a bummer.

(i assume it was mastered from the CD; since it was released by a major label, that wouldn't be surprising anyway)

I got one from the first batch and it's fine. Brian told me that most of the rest got warped somehow.

Also, Rebels, Rogues & Sworn Brothers is really poorly mastered.

rebels should've been a double LP! almost 50 minutes long and it's crammed into one record - ouch. hopefully sabot re-releases Tennessee as a double.

I'm unimpressed with Sabot as of late. I hope they don't fuck up That Much Further West. Almost 42 minutes should be fine, but not so much at the over 48 minutes if they include The Bridge and Last November. And the demo/live disc is a little over 44 minutes. I hope that's not asking too much from 48 inches. Possible plus side: If they didn't remaster it, then the master will sound awesome.

Tennessee will be rad and is probably next (unless they do 8 Paces), but what I most want is a real vinyl release of the self titled record. And to complete my firsts.