vinyl pet peeves?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It irks me when they press a double LP....but not gatefold.

Same, but it also bothers me when a single LP has gatefold packaging.

this only bothers me if the first flap is open and empty.

if it contains some special insert or something, or if it is just a solid piece of cardboard than it's usually a nice addition, imo.

When the jacket just barely fits in the plastic sleeve and is nearly impossible to squeeze back in, and similarly, when the jacket doesn't have proper space for the record and it's hard to get the record back in without damaging the paper sleeve. Example of the latter: Dead To Me - Wait For It 7".

i think expensive packaging happens too often. there are a few releases that deserve/call for it (blink-182 s/t, touche amore - parting, brand new - devil and god, etc.), but other than that, i wish labels would keep things simple and affordable.

if you think about it, if every record was like that daytrader ep you're talkign about above (which i own), we'd all have a lot more records.

that being said, i collect as much for the packaging as the next guy. just a thought.

i think expensive packaging happens too often. there are a few releases that deserve/call for it (blink-182 s/t, touche amore - parting, brand new - devil and god, etc.), but other than that, i wish labels would keep things simple and affordable.

if you think about it, if every record was like that daytrader ep you're talkign about above (which i own), we'd all have a lot more records.

that being said, i collect as much for the packaging as the next guy. just a thought.

this post is pretty darn contradictory, sir.

except deathwish does it right. touche amore's deluxe far exceeded any deluxe packaging i've EVER seen, and it was $20. boom shakalaka.

yeah, i realize. it's just something i've thought about before and on which i've teetered back and forth. basically, whenever i'm ordering records, i wish they were just basic packaging so i could get more. i'm always thinking about what i can't afford. then when i actually flip through all of them and pull out that beautiful 180g with exclusive artwork and an uncoated matte finish on heavyweight cardboard, i'm perfectly fine with the way it is.

It irks me that there are far fewer physical places to rummage through stacks yet vinyl is hugely popular. I wish I could have more options from beyond the internet.

i know you're from jersey. ever go to scotti's? even if you wanted to rummage through vinyl, you couldn't afford anything. having only 2-3 good record stores in the state sucks.

It irks me that there are far fewer physical places to rummage through stacks yet vinyl is hugely popular. I wish I could have more options from beyond the internet.

When i was in high school i had 3 awesome record stores in my area now the closest one to me is 15 miles away, which may not seem like much but when you live in southern california its a huge pain in the butt

luckily i start a new job tomorrow which is down the street from that record store, which makes me happy but could get dangerous for my bank account.

yet we all know that referring to something as contradictory only contradicts the contradiction, thus making his statement a protradition.

just sayin'