NHL PLayoffs

remember a few months back when Eager was running his mouth, BGL told him lets go, Eager bitched out, then waited til BGL had his back turned and boarded him? that's the shit that's bad for hockey. at least that bitch got what was coming to him, getting his ass handed to him by scary gary, who's old enough to be his father.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Even though the Flyers dumped Eager they're still lined with a few goons. Scott Hartnell is a prime example.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must see something i don't because the kid looks, from where i sit, to be a kid with a short fuse and a bad attitude.

wayne himself said that he sees him as a 30-40 goal scorer. this season he had amazing stats for a rookie.

Daniel Carcillo PHO GP:57 G:13 A:11 PTS:24 +1 PIM:324

he's a monster in fantasy, in the top 10 overall for that. i watched him at WBS for 2 years and loved the kid. he was my favorite player down there. i was actually quite sad when he was traded, even though the pens got BGL for him. if you take out all the time he was injured this season, and i'm sure his starts would be even more impressive. i'm really looking forward to watching him next season. he singlehandedly gets me to watch the yotes on tv and stream their games online.

[image]

[image]

I don't even know how to respond to this, I haven't actually heard a Pittsburgh Penguins fan speak in like 18 years until now. 18 years, that is about how many years it took of the league fixing the lottery draft in the Pens favor so they could stop competing for the Calder Cup and come back to the big kids league, right?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here?

The Pens have been one of the most successful clubs in the NHL since the late 80s.

1998-89 -- Playoff Appearance

1990-91 -- Stanley Cup

1991-92 -- Stanley Cup

1992-93 -- President's Cup

1994-01 -- Playoff appearances

2006-07 -- Returned to the playoffs. One of the greatest point differentials in NHL history when compared to 2005-06

12 Art Ross Trophies split between Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby.

Go to the Wikipedia page, scroll down near the bottom and read the all time scoring leaders and other awards it's like walking into the NHL Hall of Fame:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Penguins

he's nuts, but you have to be to play that role. look at roberts, ruutu, avery, ect. they all have short fuses. i think think carcillo is smart enough not to try to stab someone with his skate or swing a stick at them, unlike some of the other people in a similar role.

another great young guy in that mold is Vorros. my fantasy team had both of them, and i won the PIM catagory by a good 200.

you must see something i don't because the kid looks, from where i sit, to be a kid with a short fuse and a bad attitude.

wayne himself said that he sees him as a 30-40 goal scorer. this season he had amazing stats for a rookie.

he's a monster in fantasy, in the top 10 overall for that. i watched him at WBS for 2 years and loved the kid. he was my favorite player down there. i was actually quite sad when he was traded, even though the pens got BGL for him. if you take out all the time he was injured this season, and i'm sure his starts would be even more impressive. i'm really looking forward to watching him next season. he singlehandedly gets me to watch the yotes on tv and stream their games online.

Eh, Mr. Gretz is my hockey hero but he's not always right. He said Crosby would break his records and I don't see that happening.

Eh, Mr. Gretz is my hockey hero but he's not always right. He said Crosby would break his records and I don't see that happening.

I think what Wayne meant in that regard was that Crosby would retire w/ more personal trophies. There's no way Sid will ever put up #s like Gretz did. Well, until goalies shed some of those atrocious pads.

That's possible, the way I remember hearing it was something along the line of "this kid has a chance of breaking my records." As in, of all the people called the next one Sid was the most accurate.

It doesn't much matter though, people are far too upset with calling people the next whatever instead of just appreciating them for being the first Crosby or Ovechkin or Malkin.

Guest scriptedrain

I don't care who your relatives dated. And you want to talk about point differential? The Flyers have 39 more points this year than last. They have a tough guys who won't back down from a fight. The only thing I give you credit on is the suspensions from earlier on this season. Those were uncalled for. But you don't improve this much and play with this kind of chemistry by being a disgrace. The organization made some great pickups that have payed off. Oh, and they don't even have their captain (and one of their best players) on the ice. Have you even watched the WAS-PHI series?

Fuck, I hate talking hockey with you. I wouldn't even bother if you didn't say such thoughtless things.

05/06 pens had 58 pts. 06/07 had 105. that is a 47 point difference.

also, the flyers are doing so great because they robbed the preds on that forseberg trade. they had maybe the best trade deadline of any team in history in 06/07. i knew going into this year that they were going to be great this season. they did 6 years worth of rebuilding in one season. it was a pretty amazing accomplishment. i also picked the flyers to beat the crapitals in the playoffs, since philly is by far the better team. but, your team does have a lot of cheap dicks. downie. eager. jones ended bergeron's season. boulerice. downie is the biggest bitch in the NHL IMO. fucker runs around like a tough guy, hides behind a visor, and turtles when someone gets ahold of him. fuck that piece of shit. as a flyers fan, you should be embarrased by him.

I don't care who your relatives dated. And you want to talk about point differential? The Flyers have 39 more points this year than last. They have a tough guys who won't back down from a fight. The only thing I give you credit on is the suspensions from earlier on this season. Those were uncalled for. But you don't improve this much and play with this kind of chemistry by being a disgrace. The organization made some great pickups that have payed off. Oh, and they don't even have their captain (and one of their best players) on the ice. Have you even watched the WAS-PHI series?

Fuck, I hate talking hockey with you. I wouldn't even bother if you didn't say such thoughtless things.

You won't discuss hockey w/ me, because you know I know more than you.

The Flyers are much better this year because they were able to trade and sign free agents. The pens are a homegrown team and we only got much, much better after the Hossa trade.

Yes, I have watched the Was-Phi series and it proved my point that the Capitals are pretenders. They're a one note team right now, Ovechkin. They'll be great next year and the years that come though.

Philly is and will always be goons. I don't think Philly has the ability to beat Montreal next round. If they end up meeting Boston, then I think they'll have that pretty easy.

The Pens are playing the Rangers, the only team in the East that worries me.

I'm sorry you can't discuss hockey w/ me, most Flyer's fans can't because they're too busy boo-ing Crosby while he's racking up points against them.

05/06 pens had 58 pts. 06/07 had 105. that is a 47 point difference.

also, the flyers are doing so great because they robbed the preds on that forseberg trade. they had maybe the best trade deadline of any team in history in 06/07. i knew going into this year that they were going to be great this season. they did 6 years worth of rebuilding in one season. it was a pretty amazing accomplishment. i also picked the flyers to beat the crapitals in the playoffs, since philly is by far the better team. but, your team does have a lot of cheap dicks. downie. eager. jones ended bergeron's season. boulerice. downie is the biggest bitch in the NHL IMO. fucker runs around like a tough guy, hides behind a visor, and turtles when someone gets ahold of him. fuck that piece of shit. as a flyers fan, you should be embarrased by him.

Downie cracks me up, how can a tough guy wear a visor?!? That dude needs to take his skirt off and put on his hockey shorts.

Not sure how familiar you are with it all but Jack Johnson threw an elbow at a Candaian Junior team player when the World Championships were in Vancouver and got the entire Vancouver crowd pissed at him. Booed him every time he touched the puck. I thought it was a testament to the a-hole in JJ, how he got his nickname JMFJ at Michigan. Then I found out the player he threw the elbow at, it never landed, was Downie and suddenly he went from a guy with a bit of a dick streak to a totally understandable action.

Philly is and will always be goons. I don't think Philly has the ability to beat Montreal next round. If they end up meeting Boston, then I think they'll have that pretty easy.

um, if boston wins, the pens would play them next rd, with flyers playing the rags. the NHL reseeds them each round.

Not sure how familiar you are with it all but Jack Johnson threw an elbow at a Candaian Junior team player when the World Championships were in Vancouver and got the entire Vancouver crowd pissed at him. Booed him every time he touched the puck. I thought it was a testament to the a-hole in JJ, how he got his nickname JMFJ at Michigan. Then I found out the player he threw the elbow at, it never landed, was Downie and suddenly he went from a guy with a bit of a dick streak to a totally understandable action.

i felt that way about the simon stick swining incident. hollweg is a fucking bitch. while noone deserves to have a stick swung at them, he comes damn close to it. i'd put him in the top 3 as far as dangerous players go.

um, if boston wins, the pens would play them next rd, with flyers playing the rags. the NHL reseeds them each round.

I have no idea what I thought when I wrote that. I was a tad tipsy though. I actually corrected some guy about the reseeding at the Roots show the other night too, haha.

Guest scriptedrain

I've never boo'd Crosby. He's a great player. You're generalizing all Flyers fans for no reason other than you can and it makes every one of them sound bad.

I've never boo'd Crosby. He's a great player. You're generalizing all Flyers fans for no reason other than you can and it makes every one of them sound bad.

Hey dude, you're the one who started whining and said I know nothing.

I don't know why you hate me, but you need to get over it and yourself.

Guest scriptedrain

Hey dude, you're the one who started whining and said I know nothing.

I don't know why you hate me, but you need to get over it and yourself.

I didn't start whining, I was talking to another member about his reaction to what you said.

I don't hate you, I hate that you call my favorite team a disgrace and trash their entire fanbase (you defend your Pens as much as I defend my Flyers, only I'm not sitting here badmouthing them unprovoked).