NHL PLayoffs

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malone and Fleury are free agents THIS year. Fleury is a RFA.

Malkin and Staal are next year, both RFAs. I hope we lock Staal up loooooong term on a sweet deal. That guy is the type of player that wins championships.

Malone's agent and Ray Shero have begun discussions per the newspaper this morning.

staal's agent has made comments about possibly waiting until next summer for contract negotiations because of his drop in performance this past season.

Makes sense, but link?

staal's agent has made comments about possibly waiting until next summer for contract negotiations because of his drop in performance this past season.

Makes sense, but link?

it was either espn or off the penguins site in one of the news columns written in the post gazette. it was just short blurb when talking about re-signing malkin and fluery and having the option to also re-sign staal longer.

and ive decided that if keepng hossa means losing malone then so be it. the crosby/hossa pairing is far superior to the malkin/malone pairing.

Agreed.

plus, the only reason he got so many points this season, and malkin too, was because Crosby was out for 4 months, which gave Malkin/Malone/Sykora way more 1st line opportunities and match-ups with lesser defensive pairings. There no guaruntee that next season he'll be able to match those numbers if Crosby stays healthy. Malkin either.

Malone is older and is in his prime, this season might be as good as he'll ever be. He's going to get a huge paycheck elsewhere. If we can sign Hossa and Malone walks, fair enough for me. I think someone like Adam Hall, who can be signed for cheap, can fill in Malone's spot w/ fair to decent results.

Crazy...no way would I let Malone go.

Malone is going to get contract around 4-5 million. If Hossa takes a "discount" we're looking at signing him at 7-8 million.

That's about 2-3 million more than Malone. Malone is about a 30 goal guy, but on Crosby's wing Hossa could be a 50+ goal guy. Any big guy can step into a line w/ Malkin and Sykora, prop himself infront of the net and score at least 20 goals -- Adam Hall as mentioned earlier is the perfect choice.

Crazy...no way would I let Malone go.

Malone is going to get contract around 4-5 million. If Hossa takes a "discount" we're looking at signing him at 7-8 million.

That's about 2-3 million more than Malone. Malone is about a 30 goal guy, but on Crosby's wing Hossa could be a 50+ goal guy. Any big guy can step into a line w/ Malkin and Sykora, prop himself infront of the net and score at least 20 goals -- Adam Hall as mentioned earlier is the perfect choice.

exactly.