NHL PLayoffs

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's talk the Pens might not be able to afford Malkin given their situation with Staal and other young players being ready to re-up soon. Should be interesting if he's willing to take a little less than market for his services to stay with Pitt.

Everything that I've been hearing is that we're going to do our best to keep him. Burkle, the owner, came to PGH after the Hossa trade and rumor has it that they're going to spend to the cap the next few seasons, because we'll profit from the new stadium in a couple of years.

There's talk the Pens might not be able to afford Malkin given their situation with Staal and other young players being ready to re-up soon. Should be interesting if he's willing to take a little less than market for his services to stay with Pitt.

Everything that I've been hearing is that we're going to do our best to keep him. Burkle, the owner, came to PGH after the Hossa trade and rumor has it that they're going to spend to the cap the next few seasons, because we'll profit from the new stadium in a couple of years.

We'll see but if Malkin wants money in the Sid or Ovechkin range, something you could argue he deserves, and then you try to re-sign Hossa and he wants fair market value you have a ton tied up in only three players with a few other young guys coming due soon. Its more cap issue than an available fund issues. I hope he stays in Pitt but it'll be interesting how the Pens handle it so they don't end up like Tampa Bay with most of their money in three players.

carcillo plays with an edge like Ruutu, but i respect him much more than any other agitator. he fights a ton and will go with anyone. hollweg, avery, tootoo, tucker, ruutu, and half the flyers will play chippy then bitch out. not carcillo. i've never once seen him back down. he's always shorter and lighter and stilll manages to win most of his fights, or at least put on a good show.