$99 touchpads left anywhere

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone would want to buy a device with an operating system that is being discontinued? What's the big deal here?

Gizmodo puts it well: http://gizmodo.com/5833217/10-things-you-can-do-with-a-100-touchpad

Doesn't matter that the OS is not going to be updated, it already does a lot of things that no other device at that price point can do.

as dumb as the people who paid that much are..

you technically aren't allowed to sell "information" on ebay like this..

surprised he was able to sell so many..

• 2 weeks later...

my gf and i ordered one from HP the weekend they were marked down and we just now got an email this week saying it would be 6 - 8 weeks before we get ours. they made it sound like they are making another batch of touchpads just to cover existing orders. so, if you didn't already get one from somewhere - i wouldnt hold your breath.

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/More-TouchPads-on-the-Way/ba-p/68749

yeah, there will be one last batch:

Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase. See more information in the updated FAQs below.

• 4 weeks later...