Olive Garden's neverending pasta bowl

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in America this last weekend and went to an Olive Garden. I wasn't even able to finish my Soup and Shrimp Ravioli (and you should know that this was after a 10 hour drive where all I ate was a Spicy Chicken Sandwich). The breadsticks were amazing though. Kind of befuddled at how you can eat that much.

My best experience was one time I went and got some pasta dish. They left the make by dates in my bowl. Like the actual wrapper and stickers.

Basically the exchange was our bad, free food make up for it? Nah, man. But I didn't have to pay for that, so I guess I could enjoy what I ate so far?

Dunno...turned me off to that place ever since.

You can go get a good meal from a local Italian joint, or even a better Italian chain restaurant like Corraba's or Maggiano's for a couple/few bucks more.

This definitely isn't true where I live right now. There are 2 family owned Italian restaurants and they're atrocious and worse than OG. But what you say is definitely true of where I grew up.

Olive Garden is fine, I generally just got there on my lunch break for the soup/salad/breadstick thing they have.

Had Jonny Carinos a couple times and have gotten sick every single time and only had Macaroni Grill once and it was ok I guess. None of them are great but I like Olive Garden the most out of any chain Italian place.