Charles Manson LP Kickstarter

fuck off cunt stick.

oh wow, you win.

Dude, you made an equally short and equally blunt comment. You just chose to do it in defense ( I realise you might not advocate him but you still took defense in a thread about him) of a fucking kickstarter for Charly Manson. You're a fucking moron.

My thoughts on this are pretty conflicted.

I think that these recordings should be readily available. Charles Manson, his music, his family are a part of history. I think it's natural to want to hear the art created by a terrible person. The couple of songs I've heard I didn't enjoy but I could see the appeal but I find it neat to have access to them. A lot of people have a intrest or obsession with death, some may call this obsession morbid but some people use it as a tool to come to terms with their own mortallity. Would I ever look down on someone for having these records in their collection? No. Would you look down on someone for owning a book (like helter skelter) about him and his followers?

That being said some of these gifts are crazy and anyone who wants a tattoo protrait of Charles Manson likely has some demons to work out.

Not a lot of people know this but Henry Rollins was in talks for a while in the late 80's or early 90's to release a lot of this music and he spoke a lot with Manson then there was a falling out because Manson thought he was being taken advantage of somehow.

The other thng is it's not like the profits are going to his defence team or that he has any sort of chance of getting out of Jail.