PO: Torche/Part Chimp Tour 12" /500 Up @ Chunklet

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked this up last night... along with the part chimp 7". fucking awesome tour....glad to catch part chimp, so goddamn abrasive and loud!

torches new songs sound fucking promising!

I was there too! I had never heard Part Chimp before, but I dug what they were doing. They needed to cut their set about 15-20 minutes, though..

I've seen Regents play like 6 or 7 times, they are totally one of my favorite current bands.

So should i blow off my curling game on thursday and go to the show?

short answer: YES.

excellent idea. blew off my game and went to the show. good times. Torche put on a good set. It was weird to actually see people moving at a dc show. even saw a backfist or two. While good, ditto on Part Chimp ending their set 15-20 minutes earlier....

I was there too! I had never heard Part Chimp before, but I dug what they were doing. They needed to cut their set about 15-20 minutes, though..

I've seen Regents play like 6 or 7 times, they are totally one of my favorite current bands.

i agree it went a little long, but after all, they are disbanding after this tour apparently. so i'll take it. and i've seen torche i think 4 times this year. regents were very cool. i enjoyed the chumps set also, angular.

The 3 Torche songs on the split are all covers from Guided By Voices....

right. they played one of them. im talking about stuff from their next full length. the drumming definitely stood out.

and part chimp....i think that's their steez. loud noises.

short answer: YES.

excellent idea. blew off my game and went to the show. good times. Torche put on a good set. It was weird to actually see people moving at a dc show. even saw a backfist or two. While good, ditto on Part Chimp ending their set 15-20 minutes earlier....

do people not move at DC shows? I don't head down there too often, but the handful of shows I've been at were pretty great. I am usually a head nodder, but even I get loose at Torche shows.

do people not move at DC shows? I don't head down there too often, but the handful of shows I've been at were pretty great. I am usually a head nodder, but even I get loose at Torche shows.

Granted i may be going to mellower shows these days, but being from NJ, shows in DC generally seem more subdued - spinning roundhouses, walls of deaths, and running feet first stage dives into your face are usually frowned upon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...