Mixtapes - Maps & Companions LP

matt

[image]

We're pleased to be working with Mixtapes once again for the release of Maps & Companions. In true fashion with Mixtapes things are always a little different, Maps & Companions features the 10 original songs from Maps plus the newly recorded EP, Companions. Companions will include 2 brand new songs along with newly recorded full band versions of And If We Both Fail?, OrangeYellow, and Soups Whatever.

Ryan had this to say about the release, "Maps never came out on vinyl so it's time it did. This will be our first 12 inch so we are really excited! Side A is Maps in it's entirety and side B is Companions. On the reworked songs, some of them we didn't want to be only acoustic. This record is the first time in the past year we had enough time to do everything we wanted so we made them sound how we wanted them to. I think it brought new life and a whole new feel to them so we are stoked. There's also 2 new songs which we couldn't be happier with. We should be making a video for I accept that the first week of December, followed by 3 if not all 4 of us eating dinner."

Along with new artwork by Cassie Podish we'll be issuing this beauty as a 12" LP limited to 500 copies on 3 different colors. For those going to Fest 10 you may get a head start to pick up the record. More news on that along with ordering information soon!

-100 OrangeYellow

-200 Red

-200 Clear w/Black

TRACKLISTING

1. Sunrise

2. Maps

3. Cassettes

4. And If We Both Fail?

5. The Mixtapes Misplaced Missed Takes

6. Road Apples

7. Hope Springs Eternal

8. OrangeYellow

9. Moonglow

10. Sunsets

11. And If We Both Fail?

12. 6 Quarters

13. OrangeYellow

14. Soups Whatever

15. I Accept That

are those 7"s gonna get a repress/are they still available anywhere else?

Hope is for People is available here: http://robbedthebank.storenvy.com/ .... sorry for the self plug.

No problem! A few distros here and there may still have the last copies of Hope is for People but Short Collection is gonna be a little tougher to find right now. Either way they'll probably get repressed early next year.

Off topic, but Mixtapes is playing one of the final shows at my local indie music store before it closes. The show is on October 15th.

It's free but donations are being accepted for Sweet Relief (https://www.sweetrelief.org/)

More info here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200377263363602

It'd be great if any local folks can make it.

Interesting.

Dumb question, Is Soups Whatever about Soupy from TWY? Don't flame me please haha

Have you listened to this song before?

http://animalstylerecords.bandcamp.com/track/soups-whatever

*Note the version that will appear on Maps & Companions is a newly recorded full band version of this.

Matt, please don't sell all 100 of the orange.yellow at the fest. Give me at least a chance to get it.

They won't all be sold there.

If the release date is Nov. 1st my guess is Oct. 25th the order page goes up or around there.

Pretty good guess. Could be earlier or later, just depends on when everything comes in. I won't know that for sure for a couple more weeks. As always I'm usually pretty good about keeping this board updated as well as the mailing list, Facebook, and Twitter.

This is also the best song they've written so far.

If the release date is Nov. 1st my guess is Oct. 25th the order page goes up or around there.

Pretty good guess. Could be earlier or later, just depends on when everything comes in. I won't know that for sure for a couple more weeks. As always I'm usually pretty good about keeping this board updated as well as the mailing list, Facebook, and Twitter.

This is also the best song they've written so far.

I know I'll be patiently waiting for the record to go up, love this band!

• 4 weeks later...
Whenever he gets off a plane, comes to my house, and finishes raping me.

That's kind of true.

Don't know an exact time but I'd say early-ish afternoon. Really just depends on when I can get to a computer.

Also - when you pre-order you also get an instant download of a brand new EP "How to Throw a Successful Party."

Finally - if you're headed to Fest come by we'll have a super limited amount of OrangeYellow copies at the Animal Style table during registration. They came out "fly."

[image]