Tipping At Shows!

what these two said!! godDAMN!

i usually throw a dollar per drink...

i have worked for tips before. i know the pain.

there are some cheap motherfuckers on this board. when you guys go out to eat do you ask for change and leave only the silver? when the pizza guy shows up do you think the "delivery fee" is beneficial? jesus christ.
Christ some of you are sheltered idiot assholes.

Durrrr why do I tip?

Hurrr why do they get paid so little?

Glurrr why can't we just change a system that's worked fine for centuries because I'm too stupid to understand it?

Blurrr servers are pathetic why don't they get a real job? Real jobs are so easy to find nowadays FLURRRRRRR!!!

Yeah people who wait tables are pathetic. Tell that to your server at Red Lobster. He probably has a bachelor's degree but can't find a job for shit.

Throw em a couple bucks and shut your fucking mouth.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what these two said!! godDAMN!

i usually throw a dollar per drink...

i have worked for tips before. i know the pain.

there are some cheap motherfuckers on this board. when you guys go out to eat do you ask for change and leave only the silver? when the pizza guy shows up do you think the "delivery fee" is beneficial? jesus christ.
Christ some of you are sheltered idiot assholes.

Durrrr why do I tip?

Hurrr why do they get paid so little?

Glurrr why can't we just change a system that's worked fine for centuries because I'm too stupid to understand it?

Blurrr servers are pathetic why don't they get a real job? Real jobs are so easy to find nowadays FLURRRRRRR!!!

Yeah people who wait tables are pathetic. Tell that to your server at Red Lobster. He probably has a bachelor's degree but can't find a job for shit.

Throw em a couple bucks and shut your fucking mouth.

I'm a very generous tipper, but if the service and your attitude suck, you get nothing. Sorry. I don't feel compelled to tip an asshole.

i once gave a dude a dime and made sure he saw that's all he got. dude was the worst waiter ever. and i figured a dime is probably more of a statement than nothing at all. at least with a dime, you acknowledge why they left you that shitty tip.

in other news:

i once got tipped $50 for making a couple of sandwiches.. and $40 for the day on top of that. cha ching!

I'm a very generous tipper, but if the service and your attitude suck, you get nothing. Sorry. I don't feel compelled to tip an asshole.

i once gave a dude a dime and made sure he saw that's all he got. dude was the worst waiter ever. and i figured a dime is probably more of a statement than nothing at all. at least with a dime, you acknowledge why they left you that shitty tip.

in other news:

i once got tipped $50 for making a couple of sandwiches.. and $40 for the day on top of that. cha ching!

I live in Dallas. The majority of shows come to venues that charge that much.

thats cos deep ellum is dead.

down on that strip i could always see a band i knew or loved for less than $10 at either galaxy, gypsy tea room or the door.

usually christian acts played the door (like five iron frenzy) and would make the crowd pray during shows? so i tried to avoid that place unless i really wanted to see the band.

thats cos deep ellum is dead.

down on that strip i could always see a band i knew or loved for less than $10 at either galaxy, gypsy tea room or the door.

usually christian acts played the door (like five iron frenzy) and would make the crowd pray during shows? so i tried to avoid that place unless i really wanted to see the band.

where the hell are you going where shows are $40? i haven't paid that much for a show since i saw elvis costello and that was front row and in an intimate setting.

you can't expect any bartender to have any sympathy for you if you just paid $40 for a ticket and can't afford to put $1 for a drink in the tip jar.

That's cool they don't have much sympathy for me. 4 bucks for one beer sucks. I've recently started sneaking in my own alcohol. Damn the man!

oh that's right, you live in dallas. that explains it. if you think $4 for a beer sucks never go to Los Angeles. hahaha

sneaking in your own alcohol? that's the equivalent to taking food into a theater. you tacky motherfucker! :P

i'm curious, what kind of bands do people see that are $40? well besides maybe a established artist like prince or neil diamond.

where the hell are you going where shows are $40? i haven't paid that much for a show since i saw elvis costello and that was front row and in an intimate setting.

you can't expect any bartender to have any sympathy for you if you just paid $40 for a ticket and can't afford to put $1 for a drink in the tip jar.

That's cool they don't have much sympathy for me. 4 bucks for one beer sucks. I've recently started sneaking in my own alcohol. Damn the man!

oh that's right, you live in dallas. that explains it. if you think $4 for a beer sucks never go to Los Angeles. hahaha

sneaking in your own alcohol? that's the equivalent to taking food into a theater. you tacky motherfucker! :P

i'm curious, what kind of bands do people see that are $40? well besides maybe a established artist like prince or neil diamond.

i just got tickets to see ryan adams in december, and the tickets were $35, with an $11 service fee for each, so they wound up being $46 a piece. that's the most i've ever paid for a 'concert' ticket. excluding trans siberian orchestra, which i consider more of a production than a concert.

i just got tickets to see ryan adams in december, and the tickets were $35, with an $11 service fee for each, so they wound up being $46 a piece. that's the most i've ever paid for a 'concert' ticket. excluding trans siberian orchestra, which i consider more of a production than a concert.

in ontario minimum wage is $10.25 an hour. if you are a server, i think the minimum wage is $7 or $8 and change. if you're under 18, regular minimum wage is $9-something.

as for concert tickets, that shits expensive here. $50+ is totally average for any show. actually last year, after fees and everything i wound up paying $75 just to see City and Colour. shits expensive up here.

in ontario minimum wage is $10.25 an hour. if you are a server, i think the minimum wage is $7 or $8 and change. if you're under 18, regular minimum wage is $9-something.

as for concert tickets, that shits expensive here. $50+ is totally average for any show. actually last year, after fees and everything i wound up paying $75 just to see City and Colour. shits expensive up here.

http://www.pollstar.com/ - you can check out the ticker at the top that shows concert prices.

For me Avett Brothers and Kanye West have come in over $40 recently.

http://www.pollstar.com/ - you can check out the ticker at the top that shows concert prices.

For me Avett Brothers and Kanye West have come in over $40 recently.

I tip heavily very early in the night. This is not solely out of appreciation of bartenders, but when my beer is empty, it helps me get a new one very very quickly.

At a bar, I will usually tip $20 on my first drink and not have to worry about the ole "hope the bartender notices meeeee" game. Typically get one or 2 buy backs as well. My brother taught me how to be a loved social alcoholic. Thanks, G.

I tip heavily very early in the night. This is not solely out of appreciation of bartenders, but when my beer is empty, it helps me get a new one very very quickly.

At a bar, I will usually tip $20 on my first drink and not have to worry about the ole "hope the bartender notices meeeee" game. Typically get one or 2 buy backs as well. My brother taught me how to be a loved social alcoholic. Thanks, G.

^this man knows his shit!

also, if your going to see city and colour in canada, wouldnt that be considered a "big" show? that makes sense for those kinds of prices.

while i dont normally go to shows of that size, my girlfriend recently went to florence and the machine and it was around $70. the venue was probably the nicest one in atlanta in my opinion though.

^this man knows his shit!

also, if your going to see city and colour in canada, wouldnt that be considered a "big" show? that makes sense for those kinds of prices.

while i dont normally go to shows of that size, my girlfriend recently went to florence and the machine and it was around $70. the venue was probably the nicest one in atlanta in my opinion though.