American Horror Story **SPOILERS**

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It would make sense for them to continue up with this cast somehow in the next season since these folks have all had more go on in their lives that can be revealed in their backstory than just the dozen or so different intro flashbacks we got this season. The EW interview with Ryan Falchuck is really interesting because he flat out says that he's sure that Violet will never speak to Tate again while Moira is finally finding peace because she's become part of a family due to Vivian's request for her to be the Godmother of the still/newborn. And that part where Ben and Vivian slice/shoot each other - what couple in a long term relationship hasn't thought about doing that?

i must say that i was really glad that the exterminator showed up randomly in full bug-killing gear.

this.

and chained up attic boy.

even if only for a half a second.

also, it was never fact that the other child was stillborn.

the dr might have just said that so he could pass the kid off to his wife.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/american-horror-story-season-2-spoilers/

confirms that viv and mcderpderp won't be coming back for season two.

The most fascinating angle he's pitching is that some of the current cast members will be returning but playing whole new characters. Tate as a young priest in training instead of a ghost for example? This first season didn't disappoint in the slightest so I'm sure they'll pull something rad off.

i must say that i was really glad that the exterminator showed up randomly in full bug-killing gear.

this.

and chained up attic boy.

even if only for a half a second.

also, it was never fact that the other child was stillborn.

the dr might have just said that so he could pass the kid off to his wife.

i believe that mrs. montgomery said that her husband thought it was stillborn, but he took one breath in the house before he died, so now he was a ghost.

well, she didn't really say that last part, it was just inferred.

Just watched it and was a little disappointed. I don't like happy endings for the most part and that's what the whole episode felt like. After such a crazy ass series, why did they have to tie it up so neatly? If they hadn't already established that Tate Jr. was basically the antichrist, I think I would've really liked the ending, though.

Just watched it and was a little disappointed. I don't like happy endings for the most part and that's what the whole episode felt like. After such a crazy ass series, why did they have to tie it up so neatly? If they hadn't already established that Tate Jr. was basically the antichrist, I think I would've really liked the ending, though.

Happy endings only suck when you know they are coming -- like every inspirational sports movie ever made.

That was my initial thought as well. Somewhere in Illinois? I've been thinking that that burn guy would be a recurring component throughout the seasons but Falchuck saying that he's gone nixed that for me - maybe he just meant for S1's story line?

I think having the same actors playing different characters will be disorienting, especially if the devil child element continues to evolve as the series goes on.

“There’s a clue in the last three episodes where we say what the second season will be.”

Prison

where do they hint at a prison?

When Violet is talking to Constance's psychic about the origins of ghosts the psychic says something along the lines of "when evil things happen dark energy is released into the environment, especially is places like prisons." She may have specifically named another place other than a prison too, but that one I remember. I may look for the exact line online.

When Violet is talking to Constance's psychic about the origins of ghosts the psychic says something along the lines of "when evil things happen dark energy is released into the environment, especially is places like prisons." She may have specifically named another place other than a prison too, but that one I remember. I may look for the exact line online.

forgot about this, and forgot burn guy turned himself in.

i think you folks figured it out right here.

And that part where Ben and Vivian slice/shoot each other - what couple in a long term relationship hasn't thought about doing that?

this scam was awesome, and them killing each other was pretty fun.

if this is true, it'd be pretty sad, cause I like the actors who played them. Better than say the one who played constance or violet. but if it's true, the first season had a real nice ending by the christmas tree.

• 1 year later...

There's a more recent thread for this that has a lot of comments about season 2 and their thoughts about the show. At least you searched, though.

Salem would be pretty cool. I think the last season just had too much going on and it didn't seem to tie together well other than that it had a common setting. Would like to see them focus on a single monster / theme, maybe 2. But overall, the first season was solid and the second season passed but was a step down.